The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cat on the Can!


My sister read your questions about training a cat on the toilet. She sent me this picture of her minister's cat, who they literally potty trained! It's clever to use a child's potty (after all, they are our children!). I wonder if you are supposed to put litter in it and if they turn around and cover? I would think you'd have to, or it would stink it up! I never had 2-legged kids, so I know nothing about potty deposit removal of the #2 sort! LOL. Isn't this a great picture!

I'll be posting twice today, because I got some great photos from two Pet People people! And please bear with me if in the future things fall through the cracks (no toilet pun intended! LOL). I would love to answer each and every post, but alas, it might not be possible, especially on older topics. I do have to keep up with my OTHER job!

posted by Sandy at 1/25/2007 11:11:00 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! That picture is absolutely hysterical! I cannot even imagine potty training a cat. That is EXTREME pet parenting right there.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

DETAILS please I want details!!!!!!!!!!!! How they did it, how long it took,all the poop, pun, pun.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

don't know about yours Stacey but I my cats would just laugh at me if I brought a potty in the house to them. I've got to know how they did this anyway! Too cool!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Oh no, my cats wouldn't lower themselves to laugh at me. That would be too far beneath their dignity. They would just throw their noses in the air and walk away, uninterested.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Yea,
I have to admit we are on a lower level than the cats after all we are thier servants around here. I do think mine would have to sniff out the toilet just because they are so curious/nosey they have to know everything that is going on!But they're our babies and we have to spoil them.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

There is nothing can say about a cat on a tolit. If anybody can train a cat to run a vacum cleaner, do windows, and cook, I want one. The wife wil be out of here.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:37:00 PM  
Blogger Daisylouu said...

There are potty training kits at places like PetSmart. It takes time, but the rewards are great, no need to buy and scoop litter! There are special liners you put in the seat and fill with litter. After they *use* it, you cut a small hole in the bottom so they get used to the sound of it falling in the water. Every week or so, you make the hole a little bigger until there is no litter left. Some cats prefer to have a toddler seat on the potty and some like plastic or material around the side to satisfy their need to scratch.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

I never trained my cats to use the toilet but many, many years ago when I was in college, I had a cat names Issac. He started out as Isis until I discovered his true identity. One night I was home alone in my tiny apartment and I heard tinkling. Who was in my apartment peeing? I thought. When I went to the bathroom, sure enough Isaac was perched on the seat, doing his duty. I half-expected him to reach up and flush. That is the only time it ever happened with any of my cats.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Dragon! You crack me up! Peanut doesn't vacuum, but he licks up the kitchen floor.

Thanks for the tips sis on how to USE the cat toilet trainer!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation