The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Got Pet Pictures?


I love taking pictures of my pets, especially with a digital camera, because you receive instant gratification.

I always call The Boss in to see them on the computer. First he'll say, "I'm watching this." (On a side note, TiVo has been his downfall, because he can't use that excuse, as he can pause his Battlestar Gallactica or rewind it. Yet he always says, "I want to watch this." The next thing he says after sighing and getting up out of the chair is "How many pictures of the dogs/cats do you NEED?" As if it's a "need." Men. LOL.

The picture here is one of my favorites. My two cats, Tarzan (Puff Puff, Squawlewag) and Catfish (Bubby, Bublinsky)love each other so much and are always grooming each other and relaxing side by side. They do have their little spats at times, mostly in fun and games. They hide from each other and jump out to scare the other. Since I am fairly new to felines, I am enthralled by their every move! And they were both adults when introduced and both males. A match made in Heaven!

Many of you have mentioned that you wish you could post pictures of your babies. How about you send pictures to me, and I will post them. Send me one of your absolute favorites and include an explanation of picture and the pet and anything else. Down the road you can submit more, since most of you have multiple pets. Please make the photos small, as I am still using dial up (I live out in the country and can't get high-speed, though I'm checking into getting it through DirecTv satellite). Be patient with me; I will save them in folders with your name and date sent and get them up in between posts or to go along with posts as soon as I can. Email to: PetsSpeak@aol.com with "pet picture for blog" in the title.

Also, if there is any topic you want me to bring up in a daily post, let me know that too!

posted by Sandy at 1/18/2007 11:05:00 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Whisper said...

I am sure you have opened up a floodgate here! The advent of digital cameras has made picture-taking so easy! I use the photos as my desktop wallpaper and change it regularly.

I'd like to know about the local dog park. Do many people go there? Are there rules? Is there water available or do you have to bring your own? Is there a trash bin to dispose of doggie doo-doo? Thanks!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Birdie said...

What a great idea! My cats are my models. Sometimes they look at me and I get a feeling they are thinking, "Geez, mom...not again." :-P

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Tarzan and Catfish are so handsome. I was going to say pretty but they are boys and might get offended,ha. It's so sweet to see them cudlle . Brittany and Courtney used to do that but not much anymore. Penelope doesn't really like to snuggle with either of them or vise versa. Courtney is a bit jealous of Penelope too. I think it's because she was the baby till Penelope cam along. They do that play/fight thing too but also play hide and pounce and etc.

I will have to get Jon to help with sending photos because I'm not good enough with scanning and etc. Plus it's almost impossible to get the girls to pose and in one photo at the same time. Wish mine would pose llike yours Birdie.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I think cats are far easier to take photos of than dogs. The dogs, when you approach them for anything, think you are doing to do something SWELL and they get all wiggly and excited. Cats just look at you like you are nuts! The dogs are easier to capture if they are in sleeping mode or close to it!

Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Lucy is like a kid in relation to a camera. It's like she KNOWS. She almost always poses for a picture.

And, cats ALWAYS look at us like we're nuts. We people are so beneath them.

:)

Friday, January 19, 2007 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I know what you mean about us being "beneath" them. Tarzan and Catfish both go through the pet door to go in and out of there cat-fenced in yard. I open the door in the morning after giving them their treat. But Tarzan won't go through it if I am around, because he feels I, being HIS pet, should open the door for him! He shouldn't have to use his head when I am there. So he stands in front of the door, cranks his head around and meows at me, and he's a very big talker. What do I do? Tell him he can open is own friggin' door? No, I open it for him! Yes, they truly have us trained, don't they?

Friday, January 19, 2007 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I told you about how our cats want us up to get thier breakfast in the mornings but they are quiet about it. When our sweet Samantha was still allive she was our real alram clock. She wouls start about 5 minutes before the alarm went off. She was part Siamese so you know how loud they can get and if we didn't get up soon enoough to suit her she'd get louder and louder. She would not shut up till we got her food. Most times she'd meow and yell till her food was actually in her dish. We miss that so much, she was our precious Sammy. Another time I'll tell you about our precious little Cosette that I rescued from a bush when she was a tiny baby and thier brothers Tiger and Max. Max was our Dobberman/ Shepard mix.

Friday, January 19, 2007 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation