The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Sunday, February 04, 2007

ALL Animals Go to Heaven!


Conventional wisdom says you shouldn’t discuss politics, religion or sex in “mixed” company, because people are passionate about their beliefs in these areas and things could get out of hand. Which is exactly why I think they are the BEST topics of conversation!

I’m sure, like me, you’ve run into people who don’t believe animals go to Heaven. This amazes me, because that kind of thinking is so illogical. There is also an attitude among some people that you “should help people instead of animals,” as if by doing one you are somehow taking away from the other. Okay, so it's natural for one to prefer one's own species, but humans have grown far to arrogant in their self-worship.

I’ve had arguments with preachers over the animals in heaven topic, as well as individuals. I've been around long enough to know logic doesn’t always have a place in religion, but in the Bible God says, “Let us reason together.” God gave us a brain, I would think he expects us to use it. I ask animals-don't-go-to-heaven people, “Why in the world WOULDN’T there be animal souls in heaven? Can’t God find room in the never-ending universe he created? Please. When the Bible says God has prepared a "house with many rooms" it's not a literal house!

Or they’ll say, “The Bible doesn’t say that animals go to heaven.” As IF The Bible is a complete record of all God does or can do. It was written in a simple manner for simpletons: humankind. Also, animals never sinned, so there is no reason they have to be “saved,” and why they don't need any Bibles. They didn’t screw up in the Garden of Eden, man did. Animals did what God intended them to do, so if you ask me, God is probably a lot more pleased with them than most humans.

That’s the problem with being too literal about religion—there is no room for reason. Another point I make is that the Bible says that in the beginning, God gave ALL CREATURES who had the BREATH OF LIFE (soul) green plants for food. He created us vegetarians! It was only after humans sinned that they began eating flesh and sacrificing it. And if you think of it, animals were the first representation of Christ—something that had to die to “cover” man’s sin. And one of man's biggest sins is not treating other creatures humanely.

The best illustration of animals in heaven is an old Twilight Zone episode. I LOVE that show. An old man and his hunting dog drown and wake up on the other side. There is a nice-looking man near a sign pointing the way to Heaven. He welcomes the man, but tells him that he can’t bring his dog. Of course, the man, who loves his dog, says he doesn’t want to go to heaven if his dog can’t go with him. They continue down the road and find the REAL gateway to heaven, where his dog is welcome. The first place was actually Hell. Sounds right to me!

There are many Christian churches and preachers, as well as other religions that realize God is bigger than any human can comprehend. It's about keeping one's mind open to endless possibilities

And that’s the end of my Sunday sermon!

Above is a picture of Adrienne’s dog, Stella. What a FACE! Adrienne says, “She is laying on my bed waiting for me to get out of the shower; she does it every day. I always give her kisses when she’s there—it’s our daily routine."

Not only do animals go to heaven, they often have a better understanding of love and forgiveness that a lot of people. Stella knows it and we pet lovers know it too!

posted by Sandy at 2/04/2007 12:42:00 PM

14 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Sandy, where do I start on this subject other than Amen, Amen!!!!!!!!!1 I feel like I have been to church and heard a fantastic sermon! I've had similar conversations on this subject.
Remember I told you about my neighber that I reported to Animal Control and Adoption for leaving her dog soaking wet out in the rain, thunder,and lightening without any shelter. She told me I put a animal above a human when I did that. Well you're dang right I did and I'd do it again! She has no reguard sor the life of animals. She cared more about the fact that she paid $450.00 for the poor dog than it's comfort and life. People like that are disgusting!
When our Tiger died and a friend's little girl asked where he was I told her he was in heaven. Her mother said,OH we don't tell the kids that! Animals don't go to heaven because they don't have souls like humans. I had to drop the subject because no matter waht I said she wasn't going to be convinced. You can't reason with some people so you just have to let it go. You and I and I'm sure everyone on this blog believes animals DO go to heaven and we take comfort in knowing all the pets we've had and are no longer with us are safe and happy in heaven!

lightening

Sunday, February 04, 2007 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Stella knows all about hell. She was living there until Adrienne took her into heaven! What a beautiful lady Stella is. I can see that she is not the size she should be due to her past living hell. Thank you so much Adrienne for giving Stella a much deserved wonderful life! Keep on kissing that beautiful girl!

Sunday, February 04, 2007 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I agree with Skeeter, Adrienne, Stella is beautiful and bless you for giving her such a wonderful loving home! She'll never suffer again and now has a great pampered life!

Sunday, February 04, 2007 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

I believe they do. When I have lost a dear animal friend and companion, I have "seen" them cradled in the arms of Jesus. All right, in my grief-filled imagination... but that is what I believe. I say a prayer for animals I see who have been killed on the roads or wherever I see them. The most hopeful scripture to me is: Eccl 3:21: "How can anyone be sure that the human spirit goes upward while an animal's spirit goes down into the ground?"

Now it doesn't SAY specifically but it doesn't deny it either. Animals do have spirits, of that I am sure. When you look into the eyes of a beloved pet, you can see it... and you can see the diminished spirit of a pet when it has been abandoned and left to fend for itself. Our domesticated cats and dogs were not meant to survive on their own. Especially dogs. Dogs need human companionship. It is what they do best... be a friend who accepts you when you feel that no one else does. Such a noble spirit can only go to heaven. It is what I believe.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Alice,
I agree with what you said but as independant as cats are I do believe they need companionship as well. When our Cosette dies her sister Samantha would go from room to room crying and looking for her. She would go to all of Cosetes favorite places and toys and sniff them then she wold look at me as if to say where is she Mommy? It broke my heart and she did that till we got her new sisters and she was ok again after she adjusted to thier being with us. She was really lonely without her sister, it helped her to ahve the new additions to the family.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Thank you! I believe that when it's my time to go, knowing that I've been lucky enough to have had the unconditional love from my furry 4 legged children, that we will walk together again in our next life. I would rather have Stella, Mattie and Oscar over everyone I know the next time around, than to be there lonely with no loveing friends at all and walk alone. Who best to do that, than our pets.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Most dogs (and cats) I know deserve to be in heaven much more than alot of people I know. That's the facts, pure and simple. My bible quoting is way too rusty, so I wouldn't even try, but I'm pretty sure Jesus talked about unconditional love in there somewhere. All I have to do is look in the eyes of my dogs and there it is. Unlike almost all people, they don't judge. (Pam, I didn't include cats in that comment, because I think cats are more like humans than dogs.) Sometimes my cats will give me that "go to heck" look and walk off. My dogs NEVER do that.

Monday, February 05, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Stacey, I'm in toatl agreement with that. My cats certainly do act human a lot too. I truly believe God lets our precious pets go to heaven too.

Monday, February 05, 2007 9:16:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Pam,
It is so sad that Samantha was missing her sis Cosette.

My brother lost one of his cats and soon afterwards another of his cats started to pace back and forth from room to room looking for his companion to no avail. Then he started to take big chunks of fur out of his body in despair! Upon telling the Vet about this strange behavior, he said the best thing they could have done for the remaining cats would have been to let them see and sniff the cat after passing on. Doesn’t that sound awful? But with some thought, I do understand the Vets reasoning behind such a strange thing. Then the other cats in the house would have a chance to know what happened to their sibling. Then maybe they would accept it better in time and not always wonder what happen to them. I know this sounds warped, but it does make sense after thinking about it. Just think of it as removing a child from a family of children with no explanation to the other siblings. Animals are smart and I think they would have understood what was going on.

One of the hardest things I had to do in my life was to hold my dying Skeeter in my arms as the Vet gave him his last shot to put him out of his misery. But it was nothing compared to holding his lifeless body in my lap for that drive home that day! I had to keep calm so hubby could safely get us home. It was painful to us both but we were glad we brought him back home with us. We had a proper amount of time to spend with him and say goodbye before we put him in the ground in our back yard… Okay, enough on this topic, I am about to loose it…

Monday, February 05, 2007 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Skeeter, bless your heart, I know how that hurt you holding your baby through the shot and then all the way home too. Jon and I were both bawling and rubbing Samantha while she got that shot. We kissed her after too and told her how loved she was and what she had meant to us all those years. We did the same thing with our little Cosette. We had one of our grand sons baby blankets that we wrapped her in after we put some baby powder on her then we wrapped her in plastic and put her on a pillow before putting her in a box. We even covered the outside of the box with plastic too. We did the same thing with Samantha but I went to Wal-Mart and got her a new baby blanket. I wish I had thught to do the same thig with our sweet Tiger but at the time I was in too much grief to think.
When Cosette died it took us a couple of days to be able to bury her ( I know that sounds wierd too ) so we had her in her carrier the shower room of our master bathroom with the door closed. Samantha could smell her, she would go to the door and sniff and then look at us as if she knew exactly whawt was going on but after we buried Cosette is when she didn't understand why she wasn't there. It was sad. We got Brittany soon after that and it really did help a lot. She wasn't sad any more.
Skeeter I am so so sorry for all your pain so much so I can feel it. It is painful to lose our precious pets but they are so worth having to love!

Monday, February 05, 2007 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I think about how close Tarzan and Catfish are and always wonder how it will be when one dies. The Boss thinks I'm nuts to "worry" about such things. It's not that I WORRY, it's just that I know it will happen and I wonder! I've never had two pets so close to each other. I had a friend who had two labs the same age. One died young of cancer and the other would not eat. Their vet recommended different things, but the dog just wouldn't get out of his depresssion. Finally he told them to try another dog. They got another lab puppy and that's just what their dog needed--a friend. He perked back up and was happy again. Why it KILLS me to see people keep dogs tied out with no companionship. JERKS!

Monday, February 05, 2007 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Sandy, getting Brittany and Courtney did the trick for Samantha when she was grieving. Brittany was too rambuncous for her as far as playing so that is why we got Courtney so Brittany could have playmate. Sam enjoyed the companionship without having to be disturbed by pouncing ha bit now and then,ha. She was just so used to having her ister that she felt alone when Cosette was gone. It really made a difference just to have new sisters around.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Dove Chocolate said...

My preacher keeps telling me,my pets want go to heaven because they have no Sole. I just look at him and Smile.Because I know some way we will still see our pets in heaven.God does not make throw away pets..
While Im here, I do non profit Fund Raisers.I am a Shure Pet Consultant,Im Shure You Heard us. We Party with our Pets.I also need Consultants in Dover,Clarksville and other areas Tn.
www.catalog.shopshurepets.com

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:20:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

welcome shure pets. I haven't heard of you but God bless you for all you do to help the precious animals!
Hey not trying to be mean but you need to get a new preacher!
Our preacher loves animals and even has a blessing service fot hem so I'm sure she thinks they go to heaven and she has pets too.

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation