The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Do You Look Like Your Pet?


We've all heard that after a while, people start to look like their pet, or visa versa. Do some people subconsciously pick pets that look like them? Do any of you think you or someone in your family or circle of friends look like their dog or cat? Maybe we should have a contest? You can submit a picture of yourself and a look-alike, or someone you know who's a dead ringer for their pet and I'll post them and we can vote!

I guess if I had to pick a pet that looked most like me, it would be Peanut. He has short, brown hair and he has a dark ring around each eye, sort of like eye liner that could compare to my glasses. He's so cute too! :)

Above are pictures of Adrienne's dogs, Stella, the St. Bernard and Oscar, who I must say, IS VERY CUTE! I think Oscar sort of looks like Zoe might have when she was a puppy. I could just squeeze him he is so adorable. Stella always looks so sad, the typical look of a St. Bernard. Or maybe not sad, just calm, cool and collected.

I still have more of your pet photos to post and will do so the rest of the week! Be patient! Tomorrow more of your kitty cats!

Off topic: the blog columns that appear in the newspaper have moved from the Community section to the Living section. My column today is about Scooter's arrival to our house, as well as the Humane Society foster program, so check it out! You can find it by clicking on the Living link on the Web site! Have any of you considered being a foster home for the Humane Society?

posted by Sandy at 3/21/2007 10:27:00 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

No wonder Adrienne thought Zoe was cute!!! Until I read your post, I thought that WAS Zoe as a puppy!!!

OFF SUBJECT: WHERE IS POOCH CAFE!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the first place I go every day at lunch when I read the paper, and it's not there!!!! I am in Poncho withdrawal. Sandy, please find out if it was just a fluke!!! MUST HAVE POOCH CAFE!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Sandy, I just looked at the picture that is with your column today--and there is Zoe with her tongue again!!! How funny!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

It's okay. No panic. I just got an email back from Mr. Washer (YES, I actually emailed the publisher over Pooch Cafe!) and he said it will be back tomorrow along with today's strip. It was just an oversight. I guess I can survive until then.....

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I was so excited to see my babies’ pictures on the blog today! I would think Zoe was cute even if she didn't resemble Oscar. Then again there aren't many dogs I think are ugly (maybe the Afghan hound), but some dogs are so ugly they are cute. ZOE IS NOT UGLY! Oscar looks so proud sitting on the couch. He had just had a bath and had his "look at me" face on. Stella looks sad because she was waiting for me to tell her she had to give Oscar back his bear. We bought her that new bed and she was so excited, she was running around and stole the bear. She just wants to make him jealous. Kids!

Thanks Sandy for posting their pictures. It made my day.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I think my Hubby and Stella resemble each other. They have that sad droopy look. I'll see if I can get a picture of them and send it to Sandy.

I refuse to be in pictures, so you won't see one of me!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Stacey,
I'm with you on two subjects here. I was like where is The Pooh Cafe? I thought it was a oversight as they have done it before. And I too thougth that was Zoe at first, Adrienne they are cuties!
People I ahve a video I know you would all love. It's about a horse named Patches that likes to ride in the car and eat cheeseburgers. He also brings his owner beers and sleeps in his own bed in the house, it is so cute! If you want to see it have Sandy give you my e-mail address and I'll forward it to you. Dragon, you would especially love the getting the beer part. It is one of the cutest video's I have ever seen!
Skeeter I already sent it to you and am getting ready to send it to Adrienne.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

Adrienne, a St. Bernard, a very noble dog. St. Bernard are savior of men. Stella is gorgeous. Oscar dose have that “look at me” attitude going on. A very nice pose.

Pam, I would love to see beer drinking, cheeseburger eating, car riding horse.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Dragon, the horse doesn't drink the beer,he goes to the fridge and gets it for his owner. Since you and Fly Boy wnat to train the cats to do that I know you will enjoy the video. Just have Sandy give you my e-mail and I'll forward it to you. It is hard to believe the horse was trained so well.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

The horse video is indeed funny! The only thing I can say, those two men have way too much time on their hands! Video is worth a look to those interested...

Don’t think I look anything like my girls. They are black as Coal and I am pasty white. I have to go to the tanning bed to keep a sort of tan so I don’t fry like an egg while on our boat! I do have medium length dark brown hair so some may think I resemble the dark haired kitties. Not when they have hair cut though! LOL…

I have been trying to get better pictures of the girls with their long fur because they will be getting those spring hair cuts soon. I just cannot seem to get them to pose like the adorable Pomeranians of Jennifer. What is your secret with picture taking?

Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation