A Day in the Life of Scooter
1. Wake Mommy up at 6 a.m. after she's worked until midnight and gone to bed at 2 a.m.
2. Go out to the bathroom, making sure shove other dogs aside to be first.
3. Wait while Mommy makes doggie breakfast. Take seizure pill. Spit out seizure pill. Get seizure pill shoved down throat.
4. Eat four bites of food, then go lie by Zoe while she's eating to be ready to make move if Zoe doesn't finish it all. Run back to protect unfinished food in own bowl if Peanut makes a move in that direction. Repeat three times.
5 Run to treat drawer and sit impatiently, waiting for morning chewie ritual. Get chewie and run off to eat it.
6. Go to Mommy for second treat as she's trying to read paper and drink coffee. Come back for additional chewie stick after eating one in about 5 seconds flat.Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. (Note: these are treats designed for toy dogs, so they each get about 5 each, Zoe 2, as she's slower).
7. Scratch the door to go back outside.
8. Bark at the squirrels in the bird feeder.
9. Jump on pile of wood to hunt lizards.
10. Dig a new hole in muddy dirt.
11. Scratch to come back in. Get foot bath at door from Mommy.
12. Lay down for 1 minute.
13. Scratch at door to go out after pacing in circles at least three times.
14. Bark at squirrel in bird feeder.
15. Jump on pile of wood to hunt lizards
16. Dig more holes.
17. Scratch to come back in.
18. Get foot bath at door from Mommy
19. Lay down for 2 minutes.
20. Scratch at door to go back out to repeat above steps. Add running in circles with Peanut. Sometimes wrestle with Zoe. Lay on deck and play watch dog. Bark if leaf drops off tree.Come in. Go out. Come in. Go out. Come in. Lay down for 3 minutes. Go out. Come in.
21. Mommy leaves for work at 2 p.m. Take a nap.
22. UNKNOWN activities from 2 p.m. until Daddy gets home.
23. Greet Daddy.
24. Go out to yard. Bark.Scratch to come in.
25. Get evening seizure pill. Eat Daddy-fixed dinner. Lord over own unfinished bowl of food while scouting out Zoe's leftovers.
26. Go in and out a minimum of 10 times to make sure Daddy gets enough exercise.
27. Nap after Daddy goes to bed until Mommy gets home. Greet Mommy when she comes home, loud enough to wake Daddy. Go to bed.
28. Get up to go back out. Repeat two more times.
28. Go to sleep for the night, to rest up for tomorrow. 6 a.m. comes early after all.
So, what are your pets' daily routines?
posted by Sandy at 5/04/2007 10:15:00 AM