The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Best Positions For...............



Sleeping!

Amy (k9rescue) suggested I ask you all to send pictures of your pets in their sleeping positions. Nothing makes for a cuter picture than a pet sleeping! Some pets will contort themselves into pretzel positions, others just look sweet and adorable! Even Scooter, my resident bossy boy, just melts my heart when I see him slumber.

The dog on top, Jackson, is Tina's. She's the one who took the picture of everyone on the courthouse steps and has been involved in animal rescue for a long time. She recently adopted a St. Bernard from Animal Control, as well as a puppy. She has many pets! Amy, you must fill us in on her current crew!

The dog below is Charlie, who lives with Brett and Jeremy. He got all tuckered out after sister cat Pearl's birthday party last Friday and had to catch some Zs. I will be posting more of those party photos very soon!

As Stacey said in the thread below, Brett is doing better and out of the hospital. A few years ago he had an operation for his appendix and it will act up because of scar tissue. He said he was heartbroken to miss our Saturday adventure, but I assured him we will be getting together soon! He sends his love and thanks for our prayers. As soon as his head clears from the medication he's on and he can be his funny self, he'll be back blogging!

So, tell me about your pets sleeping habits and send any pictures you might have and I'll post them. My beagle Penny was overweight and she used to snore SO LOUD--louder than any human I've ever heard! Couldn't sleep with that going on, so I used to pick her up (not an easy task), carry her out to the living room and plop her down on the dog bed there. She wouldn't even wake up! Sometimes I could hear it through the walls, but as long as I got her out of the bedroom one could sleep! Thank goodness none of my current kids snore!

posted by Sandy at 6/06/2007 10:01:00 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Sheba curls up in a little ball and hides her eyes with her paws. I think that pose is so cute. You will not see a picture of that though. Black cats don’t film well when curled in a ball. With Black cats you have to use your imagination with poses.

Cheetah stretches out on her "Perch" in a sun beam while in the sunroom. The sun gives too much glare on her body for a picture of that. The perch is a sheep skin pad that sits on top of an end table and lies against the cat tree. We have never seen Sheba on this spot so we call it Cheetahs perch.

They also snuggle up withy Gretchen which is a large bear that stays on the office futon. I need to snap a picture of that some time. Occasionally Sheba gets under Gretchen’s dress and hides. We say Gretchen is pregnant when we see that funny moment. (Don’t say it Dragon)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hmmm...Dragon will love the title to this topic. I'm sure he will fill in his own.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Ah, Stacey, I bet you are right on that one...
Dragon, what say you???

I also forgot about Sheba’s favorite sleeping spots. As I have mentioned before, any box will do for a good nap and of course one of her many baskets in the house! I have collected baskets over the years and she has laid claim to several of them for her own private napping spots. Her super favorite one is in the large storage closet upstairs. She loves it so much that I have to keep the door to the ugly (crammed full of stuff) room. She is not spoilt at all is she??? Anyway, she curls up so cute in the baskets but again, too dark to snap a good photograph.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

As you can see, My Charlie is super cute asleep. Lucy could snore the siding off the house-and she always wants to lay her head behind mine on the pillow. I swear she's the reason I'm going bald cuz shes snoring the hair off the back of my head. The cutest thing i could show you guys would be when Charlie and Pearl curl up next to each other. I have yet to catch a photo of that, but it is heart warming.

Friday, June 08, 2007 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Brett,love to see the photo of Charlie and Pearl snuggling.
I sure wish I had a picture of my Samantha when she used to sleep with her head on the pillow but don't think we ever took one. It's such a sweet memory of her, oh how we miss her!

Saturday, June 09, 2007 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation