The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Monday, July 09, 2007

It's a bird, a plane...


It's a Bird. It's a Plane. It is Super Sheba!!!

We call Sheba the Queen of Sheba as she does indeed rule the house where all is concerned. When she is not busy ruling the house, she is trying out for Court Jester with her clowning ways.

On this particular day, I was working on the computer and had removed the dust cover from the printer. I laid it upon the desk where Sheba soon located it. She immediately jumped into Jester mode and began to entertain me. She twisted herself around in that dust cover forever trying to get it just right. It was as though she were trying to put on a cape and become Bat Cat and was about to jump out the window to save some poor soul from harm! I had been installing pictures on the computer so I was lucky to have the camera by my side to capture this moment in time.

No matter how blue I may get, this cat is always there to cure my ills. You can just look at her face and she will make you laugh at her expressions. She is always looking for the next funny thing to get our giggle bones jumping.

She loves boxes and tight closed spaces. She runs to the front door when the door bell rings in anticipation of it being a postal delivery with a new box for her amusement! She gets into the closet when we forget to completely close the door. She makes such noises in the closet with rambling around attempting to get into a storage box or container. She is not so crazy about plastic bags but canvas tote bags are a must in exploration.

Just a few days ago, she crawled into a large manila envelope! Her body minus a butt would fit as she dug her way to China from within. The sight of that little butt sticking out had the Saint and I laughing our heads off. Sheba is indeed the clown of this house!

Do any of you have a clown pet that constantly keeps you laughing?

And to think, she was a wild cat that came to us from the woods.

posted by Skeeter at 7/09/2007 11:06:00 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger B said...

LOVE IT!LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Supercat! That is hilarious! I will have to mail you something in a big packing bag or something so that Sheba will have the toy of the week! LOL

Monday, July 09, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Skeeter, That is such a cute pic! Normally I would say that Oscar is my clown. He likes to leap at you when he wants to be held, whether you are ready for him or not. He will leap off anything, the couch, the bed, a chair. It's very cute but can be starteling if you are not ready for him. I turned around the other day and there was a flying Shih Tzu coming at me. He was lucky I cought him. He gets so happy when you catch him. Lately Hunter is the one we laugh at. He is such a klutz. It's like his front works faster than his rear. Last night he was playing on the stairs, he ran up and than sat down dragging his butt down each step. I remember doing that as a kid. It was so funny. Guess he's no longer afraid of going up stairs.

Monday, July 09, 2007 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All my babies make me laugh at one time or another. And it always seems that no matter how much I pay for a cat toy, the package it came in is much more fun for Herbie and Scootie to play with.

I always smile when I see Max carrying is Ewok around. The stuffed toy is almost as big as he is!

Larry, senior cat, makes us laugh when he sits on the cat buffet next to an empty dish in his Zen Cat pose. It's like he's willing me to fill his dish. He'll sit there for a long time with his eyes just barely open, not moving a muscle.

Monday, July 09, 2007 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Skeeter, at first I thought Sheba has her own "cat cover". It looks just like a car cover over her. In fact, behind her out the window, you can see the cover on the boat. It looks like one sized just for her.

I'm with Alice, all my fur babies make me laugh at different times. You just never know at any given moment what any one of them is going to do next.

Monday, July 09, 2007 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Skeeter, too too cute! I have to agree with everyone else on how my girls do cute and funny things at different times. They all help me make the beds and run under the sheets and covers at times. They like to climb in paper bags and boxes of course. Two of the cutest photos we have is of one of Cosette in a empty Beast box and of her then another of Penelope wearing a Perrier water holder. I'll try to get photos sent in soon, they are so cute! Abd Skeeter I found one the other day pf Cosette drinking from the faucet like your baby does. I ahd forgotten how much she liked doing that.

Monday, July 09, 2007 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Love that photo! It reminded me of Alice's cat Trouble, the picture I posted of him with his paws in the printer.

Having both dogs and cats, I do believe cats provide the most funny entertainment. I just love watching Tarzan and Catfish, especially when they get in that playful mood around 6:30-7:00 p.m. They stalk and pounce on each other, chase the toys and otherwise act silly. The dogs don't do that much entertainment wise, but they are all fairly old. A puppy would be a different story!

Do you all watch America's funniest pets or animals or whatever it's called. Those are great!

Monday, July 09, 2007 7:03:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I swear y'all, Sheba does something to make us laugh every day! She is a hoot for sure... She takes long power naps so she comes and goes throughout the day. As if building up her stamina. She loves to play act for us. If only she were human, then she would make us some money on stage!

Sheba has not always been the clown but seems to have taken the clown role in the past couple of years. I think she is more stable with us now in knowing we will always be here for her. Such a sad thing for a baby to have to wonder all the time when having to survive in the woods her first year of lifeā€¦.

Cheetah is just a timid baby that sticks close to mommy (me) throughout the day. She does some funny stuff but not on a daily basis such as her furry mommy, Sheba does.

We watch Animals funny videos at times but we hate the emceeing that goes with those shows....

Monday, July 09, 2007 7:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation