The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mirror, Pet Mirror on the Wall


You know how they say people often look like their pets? The theories say that people subconsciously choose pets that reflect themselves. Or sometimes they grow to look like each other if, for example, both get a bit pudgy by sharing similar lifestyles.

That notion made me wonder about pets and owners sharing personalities. Most of you have multiple pets. Do you have one that you think reflects your true personality? If so, does that make you favor them?

Now,in my case, Scooter is a canine version of me. Now I know why others can find me annoying. We are both the bossy types who like to be in charge, are outspoken and outgoing. Oh, and we are both very smart. :)

Though he's my biggest pain in the butt in so many respects, I can't stay mad at him, because, well, he's a lot like me.

Zoe is The Boss's favorite pet and I'm sure he wishes I were more like her. You know, cater to him and kiss his you-know-what like Miss Zoe does.

As to the cats, I'm more like Tarzan. He's the constant talker and complainer. Catfish is quiet and more skittish and the scaredy cat--something I am not. Again, while I love both, I prefer Tarzan's personality a bit.

So, I prefer the cat more like me, but not the dog, which just goes to show that it's not opposites attract or those alike attract each other. Both can be true.

How do you and your pets' personalities match up? Your significant other? The Boss is definitely a Catfish or a Peanut. Not that he's a wussy like Peanut, he's just the shier, quieter type, the introvert. Is it better to be with an opposite for balance or with someone similar? Each has pros and cons. All I know is I like calling the shots, so I'm happy with an opposite. And the introverts are just as happy to let others do the outgoing stuff that needs to be done.

Don't you love my PhotoShop creation? I think I've done a bit better job than Stacey and Shannon's attempts with Mr. Smiley face!

posted by Sandy at 7/18/2007 04:36:00 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Well I go back to work and I feel like I have missed out on so much. Glad to see that Daisy hasn't forgotten us like old Dragon.

As for the pet who is most like me... Well that would have to be Mattie. She is alway's in charge. When she doesn't want anybody playing, she gets on the floor and snaps at them all in turn. When I get tired of them, I make them go lay down. But I have to say that Stinky Stella is my favorite. She's an old lady and needs special treatment all the time. Especially since the arrival of Hunter. He wants to play with her b/c she is closer to his size, but she can't keep up and by the end of the day her hips hurt. Hunter is deffinetly like the Foreman. He can't sit still, has to be in everything, annoying someone and is a general pain in the ass. Maybe that's just being male. HA! Oscar, like Zoe, is a good boy and kinda slips through the cracks. He rarely gets in trouble and just wants to be loved. As long as he gets fed, can sleep on the bed at night and gets to go for a ride once in a while, he is happy.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

Sandy, you said Scooter is your biggest pain in the butt and is just like you. So, there is only one problem with the picture. You put your face on the wrong end.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:10:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Sandy, sounds like your babies all have something you can relate to and in my case it's the same. Courtney needs to shed a few pounds so there we are alike. Brittany is the biggest food hound and always up for a bite so there she and I are alike. Penelope the baby,loves to be loved on and is always so playful and just adorable also like me,ha.
Seriously, there traits in all my girls that I share just like you and yours. I do tend to give Penelope a lot more hugs and kisses but she is the one who really wants them. Brittany and Courtney only tolerate them, Penelope asks for them. She has to have Mommy love on her every day.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:58:00 PM  
Blogger jdt said...

My hubby is always saying dogs imitate their owners. Before I met my hubby, I already had Abby and Zander. Abby has got to be the most high strung stressed out dog. My hubby constantly is saying "I wonder where she gets that from." I am one of those people who is a constant worrier. Everything stresses me out, and I don't think I would be able to function if I wasn't worried or stressed about something. Of course now that I am pregnant, I am trying to be more conscious of this and learn to relax so as not to cause any stress to the baby.

Since my husband constantly accuses me and Abby of being so similar, I have often said to him, "What does that say about you? I mean Annabelle is your baby and she has to be the laziest dog on the planet, she sleeps probably close to 22 hours a day." He of course doesn't like when I point this out. In his defense though, he really isn't lazy, I just have to pick on him for something.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger O'Malley said...

Sandy,

Yes, kudos to your expertise with photo shop. I actually thought you had morphed into Scooter...that is Scooter isn't it?

I had to laugh at this post as I don't really see myself in any of our pets but You Should would say "They are all just like you because they are dumb#sses and a pain in my butt!! Yes he would say this but he would be laughing when he said it. He loves me therefore he knows he must grit his teeth and love them too.

I do really like this picture of you Sandy, er Scooter...whoever you are! Maybe we'll just call you Scandy from now on. Of course if we did that people would think it was because you are so scandalous...and you would never do anything scandalous would you???

Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hmmm.....I think Dragon hit the nail on the head.

If I had Photoshop, I would do fun things like that too. But, I don't, and wouldn't have the first clue how to use it if I did have it. I just have to make do with the paint brush.

Though, I must say, I thought I was going to have nightmares about poor Scootie, all morphed into his mommy. It is rather frightening. Maybe you can make a Halloween costume for yourself like that.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Shannon, you're right, Scandy would be agreat nickname for Sandy! I'm lovin' it.
But Stacey, instead of making a Halloween costume for Sandy, I like the idea of making a copy of Sandy's face big enough to cover Scooter's and let that be his costume. What do you think?

Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

At first glance, I thought this WAS a Halloween costume! Duh... good to see the Dragon back on top of things!

Hummmm which of my two little stinkers would I be like? I would have to say I see a bit of me in both of them. They are adorable so that would be my first connection. LOL. I was shy as a child so I can relate to Cheetah being the scaredy cat. She likes a routine and I kind of like a routine at times but can be more like Sheba with her spontaneous ways. I am now a take charge kind of person in the house so I would be like Sheba in that respect also. I like to snuggle like Sheba does in the bed but I purr like Cheetah when being petted the right way! I like eating treats as much as they do but my treats are more the Bruster’s ice cream type rather then a fishy treat.

The Saint would probably say I am like Sheba with being bossy, and bugging him while he is trying to watch TV. He would also say I am like Cheetah when she is whining because I never shut up!

The Saint would defiantly be like Sheba in the long nap taking department! On his days off, that man will snooze up a storm on the couch! He is also like Sheba in the way he covers his face when sleeping. She has paws, tails or whatever she can put over her face to hide from the world. I find the Saints head under the pillow or covers every night.

Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation