The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Friday, August 31, 2007

Match Maker... by Skeeter





Any of you Pet Lovers ever cross the line and play match maker? I tried that one time with a girl friend and it was a disaster to say the least! I decided to never make that mistake again. After hearing Shannon O’Malley speak of how lonely her Rocky is without his best bud around, I got to thinking. (Uh-Oh, look out, Skeeter is up to thinking again and that can be trouble! That is what the Saint says when I say, "honey, I've been thinking...") Well, I may have the perfect play mate in mind for the water splashing Boxer!

Her name is Lexi and she too is a Boxer! Some of you may remember seeing Lexi a while back with her sister Emmy the tortie cat. They were all snuggled up together for the perfect Kodak moment. Lexi belongs to my nephew and his wife and they have recently moved back to Clarksville.

Shannon sent me a brief video of the kids playing in the pool with Rocky so I know he has no fear of the water. Lexi likes to go to the river and splash around to stay cool during those dog days of summer! (Where does that saying come from, anyone know?) She goes in style on a boat and has the captain pull to the shore so she can jump out and splash around. They say she just loves the water.

I think Lexi and Rocky would be great playmates due to their love of the water! I bet she and Rocky would have a romping good time together. Shannon, we may have to get these two together for a play date sometime…

posted by Skeeter at 8/31/2007 10:40:00 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger O'Malley said...

Oh my goodness Skeeter,

Lexi is gorgeous-how old is she? I think Rocky would be thrilled to hang out with such a hot babe. Maybe she could come over for a swim before the pool gets too cool. I am all for it if your nephew is game. On a side note, my kids are computer junkies and do the myspace thing. I also have a myspace as it is a way for me to stay connected to all my nieces and nephews out of state. Last night I checked my account and I had a friend request from "Rocky". Yes, my crazy daughters have made a myspace for Rocky my dog.If only I could channel their creativity into something worthwhile......

Saturday, September 01, 2007 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Skeeter, yes I have played matchmaker many times over the years and sometimes it has actually worked out well. The last time not but that is still p in the air as to how it may work out someday. Fly Boy hates when I want to fix people up but he's a guy and most guys don't like that.
I haven't tried to match any animals but hey why not?

Saturday, September 01, 2007 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Ya know, I wouldn't mind being a dog in a good home. No work, regular meals, and boat trips.Its a 24/7 vacation! Maybe I should find someone to adopt me!

Sunday, September 02, 2007 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I have said many times to the Saint how I wish I were my cats!

Monday, September 03, 2007 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

If everybody treate animals the way we all do---"What a wonderful world this would be!"

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation