The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Pet People Party Animals by Stacey



Hello Pet People!!!!! Yes, it is official. We know how to have a good time!!! No doubt about it. Adrienne wants details and pictures. Well, the only pictures I ended up with on my camera were of the 4-legged party animals, which is what you see here. First we have pretty Pearl on the table, with Lucy’s face peeking over her butt. Then we have those male co-conspirators, Charlie and Hines. Whoever had the camera with the group pictures, please post them!! I can’t wait for the world to see me in my pink blinking tiara!!! Only Skeeter could get me in pink anything. She bribed me with pecan pie (and yes, it was THAT GOOD).

Details…well, let’s just say that there were many moments of merriment. We each brought our libation of choice to go with B and Jeremy’s munchies. There was a pretty full bar lined up on the kitchen counter. Skeeter’s concoction of milk and Kahlua and vodka kinda turned my stomach just thinking about it, but my old friend Mr. Beam helped me get over it.

The wenches enjoyed looking at all of B’s movie memorabilia, and well, I guess Pam got the special tour since she commented on another post about how comfy B’s bed was. Hmmm…was that before or after the Flyboy left??? And I’m trying to figure out what Skeeter meant about Sandy being a lady? Either that is a very sarcastic remark, or I totally missed something.

The Boss made dinner at the VFW, but skipped the party (big pooper!). But Sandy was there, Pam and Flyboy, Dragon, me, and Skeeter and the Saint all the way from Georgia. Shannon and her daughter stopped by for a quick visit (LOVE THE SHORT HAIR). B and Jeremy made us all feel at home, and then the monsters were unleashed upon us! I think B warned us about the high-pitched bark of the Hines-ster, but I don’t think I was quite prepared for it.

Pearl was just wonderful. She is the softest cat I have ever felt. Like a giant cotton ball. Lucy and Charlie were love monsters and Hines was the wary little guy we were told to expect. But, as Sandy predicted, if you ignored him, he would come and sniff you. But, Lord forbid, don’t make eye contact!! Mortal sin. But, as the night wore into morning, he warmed up, at least to me. By sitting next to Jeremy on the couch, I was able to rub him and talk to him while he was in his comfort zone. Then, when Daddy went out to smoke, he handed Hines to me and said, “hold him”. Which to my surprise, he let me do. So, I felt like I made a new friend.

We played a game—don’t have a clue what the name was—that involved charades that pitted two teams against each other. We discovered pretty quickly that I suck at charades. Sandy was good and so was Skeeter. The Saint was the judge/score keeper. I am proud to say that Sandy, Jeremy, and I kicked butt, even with my limitations. I’m a great guesser, but a lousy actor. Pam, Skeeter, and B were the LOSERS!!! Dragon and Flyboy had long ago gone home, leaving Pam and I to fend for ourselves. I think I would have been better sober. My brain cells were pretty well shut down for the week by then. But, I deserved it. Friday was my last day at work before I start my new job on Monday. So, the last few weeks have been pretty crazy for me. I needed to unwind. I still can’t believe I wore that damn pink blinking tiara ALL NIGHT. And all morning. It was 3:30-ish when I got home (I think).



All in all, it was a lot of fun. We must find the Saint a job here! We need the two of them to move back to Clarksville. I want to give a special shout out of thanks to The Saint for being our designated driver. I know going way out to North Clarksville to take me home, and then all the way out to Pam’s was a lot over and above the call of duty, and I appreciate it very much. And thanks for bringing Sheeter home to have fun with us!! Pet People, you really missed a good time. Next time we have a party, you have to be there! No excuses!!!

posted by Stacey at 8/26/2007 12:03:00 AM

14 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Ahh, I wish I could have made it!! I wanted to come over Labor day, but the Foreman doesn't think it's good timing. Last time I went on a vacation by myself over a holiday weekend, bad thigs happened.(blew the engine in my car) But I will make it in November come hell or high water!! Remind me when Daisy is going to be there please and I will make it happen.

I'd love to see the pink tiara!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

greeting and salutations! I will have all of the early risers know that we stayed up til around 4:30, sitting out on the front porch, and still got up @ 6:30 to take the babies to poop out their potatoe chips and chex mix and whateve lese somebody slipped them--NO BUBBLES WERE PRODUCED OR HURT IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS PROGAM Skeeter-lol. We went to Cats R Us for the photo shoot. They had three new addtions that we will be posting sometime today. Jeremy got his new car yesterday--its an dark blue altima. But I admit, I did nap yesterday afternoon on my comfy bed and we didn't do ANYTHING last night except watch TV and get a food nights rest.
IT WAS WONDERFUL to meet the Pet peole that I hadn't seen face to face yet--Roxanne and Mark, your both great folks and you come back and see us anytime you please. Thank you and Pam for the host gifts---your both so sweet and we appreciate them very much.
As far as pics--We didn't take a one--somebody has a camera I know, but there wasn't alot of snapping going one--but then again, I already had spots before my eyes-LOL. We had a great time--enojyed haivng people in the house laughing and chatting--this house has seen more drunks that a Dean Martin Christmas Special--but I have to say--it was great to actually hang out with ADULTS and have fun.
THANKS EVERYBODY for coming to our home!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

It was a great time, and for our November get together, Daisy and I WILL be staying at the Riverview Inn so there will be no need to call The Boss to pick us up and I can party until the sun comes up if I want to!

Adrienne, she is coming Nov 7 through the 12, so the date for the party is planned for Friday, Nov 9. She'll still be here Saturday,but will have to get up early Sunday to catch a flight, and also Jeremy and Brett have to get up early Sunday for something too, so it will be Friday. MARK YOUR CALENDARS all. Details to be determined.

The games were so fun--thanks for bringing them Skeeter. What was the charades game called again? I must get that. I wish you guys lived here! But Ga. isn't too far.

The dogs and cat were wonderful, of course, they tried to steal food, but who could blame them? The food was right at pet eye level and the food was GREAT.

Skeeter, Glen loved the pie and alos the strawberry puffs. All leftovers are gone!

I haven't laughed so hard since I can't remember when.

I was wondering if Jeremy and Brett made it to Cats Are Us. I am impressed!!!! You guys rock!

Thanks for showing us such a great time and being wonderful hosts. You know now that your house will be Pet party central, as your in the central location!

Still planning an outdoor deck party here in September. Humane Society huge dinner dance Halloween Party Oct 20. And I do want to meet for a dog walk as soon as it cools off--either Dunbar Cave or RiverWalk.

So Adrienne, plan your Nov. trip!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Oh Stacey, I too am confused about what Skeeter said about my being a lady. I am insulted I was called one. LOL. I must find out what she meant so I can get back to my bossy, Yankee, unlady-like ways! I can't ruin my reputation! :) Maybe the heat fried my brain? Maybe I need a trip back to PA to get re-Yankified?

Oh, and the food at the VFW was WONDERFUL! I definately will be back!!!!!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

To all 0f you who missed the party it was great! B you and Jeremy really are super to have us all there and glad you liked your host gift. It was just a little token of thanks. After all you did take a chance having us in your home.Isn't it nice that some party animals can actually act llike responsible adults?

Sandy that game was called "Gestures" and it was fun wasn't it? My first time playing it but want to play it again. And by the way Stacey, I think I did a pretty darned good job too, and that last round Skeeter and B got everything right when I was up doing the gestures. Oh and Sandy, I certainly didn't see anything overly ladylike in your behavior so you can give a sigh of relief. You won't need any reyankying or anything. You were just a fun gall all night so no worries!

Aw the comfy bed comment, hmmm don't remember if Fly Boy had left yet or not. Like Dragon, I do like to stir the pot sometimes as you know,LOL. And Stacey, that blinking tiara was so you honey! You must bring it to the Nov. party for Adrienne and Daisy to see. I must say it was so nice being served by someone in a tiara too. It did make me feel a bit royal as well.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:14:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

P.S. I do remember Stacey also making the same comment as me about B's bed being so comfy so it wasn't just me. Right Stacey? Anyone else notice?

Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:15:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Adrienne, Pearchart, how is everyone doing this weekened? Hope all are better and on the road to wellness. Am praying that all antibiotics are helping and that is all you need .

Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

We are slowly getting better. All the babies are on the road to recovery and I'm closer than the Foreman. This is one miserable thing to get. I will say this... Thank god we have 4 bathrooms!! HA!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:32:00 PM  
Blogger O'Malley said...

I am so sorry i missed out on all the hilarious action at the pet party. If only I had a babysitter. I did enjoy getting to briefly see everyone and finally meet B & J. And your babies are beautiful. My daughter so wanted to get her hands on Pearl but we didn't have time. Hey, her softball team did win the tournament so maybe the pet people gave her a bit of luck? I will be there next time dog gone it!!!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

O'Malley, congratulations on your daughter's team winning the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was so nice meeting her, she is such a sweetie, just like her Mommy!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you all had a GREAT time! I'm not real good with parties and crowds. It's funny... I can speak in front of audiences and announce at stadiums but small gatherings make me crazy inside.

Aimee, dog princess, is taking her meds and eating Hill's k/d. She has vomited at least twice... We are watching her closely and making sure she stays hydrated. Time will tell...

Monday, August 27, 2007 2:00:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Alice, you don't have to worry about being shy or quiet with our group. We will bring you out of your shell since we are all such a fun bunch of people most of us wouldn't give you much of a chance to get a word in edgewise anyway,ha. Please join us at the next get together and I promise you will have a great time!
Been saying prayers for Aimee dog princess.

Monday, August 27, 2007 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Sandy, I have expired. Send me another INVITE then I will show party pics…

Shannon, I was able to make it back for the entire second game on Saturday! I stood at the back stop with my dad and nieces other grandfather. I must say, I was impressed with your daughter’s abilities! I think she will go far in her sport of choice! I wish I had been able to watch the two games on Sunday but we had to get back here to GA. Dad did call with a full report on the two wins though! Aint that one coach of theirs really wonderful??? That would be my brother of course! LOL. Anyway happy they won the tourney!

Monday, August 27, 2007 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

Alice--I'm still believing for a miracle---blessing to Princess Aimee.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation