The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Friday, September 21, 2007

GOOD PET NEWS!!!!!! Josie and Albert

There's always bad pet news, such as the recent story of the pit bulls loose in St. B. and the fact that they were put down. Did you all see that pitiful picture of the make Buster in the paper the other day?

Well GOOD news: First, Josie, my friend Carmen's doxie is going to be FINE! Results came back early and here is what she said:

"She has a massive infection in her salivary gland and lymph node possibly caused by something puncturing her salivary gland from the inside while eating or something like that.Whew! We are SO happy......we have been so worried.Thank you for all the prayers and good vibes sent our way."

Yes, little miss thing, the little piggy, probably ate something she shouldn't have and probably tip-toed down the hall to find it!

I am so happy I could cry, seriously. I love that little dog and would steal her if I could!

Now the news on Albert. Remember him from several topics back? He was the beagle/basset mix found on a busy road by a Leaf-Chronicle employee who called me at work about him. She would have had to take him to animal control if she couldn't find somewhere for him to go right then, as she was driving for work to see a client After several frantic calls, Inge Irby of Second Chance Happy Tails agreed to take him right then and there, and Ashley, who rescued him, drove him to her house.

That was several weeks ago. Well, the other day at work, Jimmy Settle, our business editor, came over to my desk and told me I'd be proud of him because he was adopting a dog from a shelter and asked me if I knew "Inge Irby." Do I know Inge? Ha. I am Inge's personal secretary, right Inge? :)

I asked Jimmy what dog he was adopting and he said, "It's a beagle/basset..." and I asked "Is it Albert?" and of course it was and I told him the whole story.

Jimmy picked Albert up yesterday, stopped with him at the Pet Food Center and got a lot of supplies and took him home. I called him this morning and things are going well. Albert had a few accidents, but hey, he's getting used to a whole new place,He's still young and he moved from a house in town with many other dogs to a farm life in Dover, where Jimmy is from and still lives. A PERFECT rural life for a hound dog!

So, any good news from the rest of you? Don't want to hear any bad news, as I've had a rough week and need to smile!

posted by Sandy at 9/21/2007 11:08:00 AM

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is FABULOUS news about Josie! I am so glad she is going to be fine!

Bravo to your co-worker, Jimmy!

And I am even more happy to have a subscription to The Leaf Chronicle!! I always think that people who love animals are the best peole to know and buy from!

Thanks for all the good news!

Friday, September 21, 2007 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

Wonderful wonderful! I had Albert on my mind the other day--and Josie doing well starts the weekend off right. Now if we can find Sandy and Bubba and the little lost foundling, all at Cats R Us, homes, I can start on the next leg of worry -LOL
Alice--love, how are you? Your in my heart and on my mind. Hopefully this good news will bring some sunshine your way. Let me know if you need anything.

Friday, September 21, 2007 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, B!

The professor and I have moments when we are doing something and we remember how Aimee would react to it... like the professor always gives the doggies a tiny piece of his lunch. Yesterday, he threw a piece out the backdoor. I asked him why he did that and he said it was for Aimee... needless to say that say, that set us both off for a moment or two...

It still seems so empty here...

But we are hanging on... thanks to friends like you all here!

Friday, September 21, 2007 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Alice, I am so glad that you and the professor are doing so well with your loss.

Sandy, that is great news about Josie! And Albert getting a new home is wonderful news too and to think with a co-worker. Small world huh…...

How about some funny stuff Sandy...
From the Queen of Sheba aka the Clown cat... I have been working on getting over 40 years of photos organized and into photo albums for the past few weeks. It is a mind boggling process I don’t wish on any one. I have a long table set up in the sunroom and it is filled with pictures and supplies. I am sure the Saint would love for the room to get back to normal. One day honey, one day… We went to bed last night and I heard a strange noise. Knowing the content Saint is not going to get roused, I got up to investigate and I was right on the money with my suspicions. I found Sheba on top of a table (one we eat on which is a BIG no no in this house) where more photo stuff had wandered to. She was not only on the table but also inside of one of the boxes which once held photos. She had that little butt high in the air and she was digging her way to China none the wiser that mommy was watching her. She was living in her own little world! I knew if I yelled at her that she would kick out of the box and throw stuff along with her making a big mess for me to clean up. So I just gently took her out of the box (as she was kicking to stay in) and placed her on the floor as I laughed at her. She sure knows how to get a laugh from me…. I had to hide the box in a closet from her for some peace and quiet for the rest of the night, well until our 3:00 in the morning wake-up call from her… argggggg Never a dull moment around here.

Friday, September 21, 2007 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Well this is kinda pet related... I now a have car that everyone can fit in comfortably. That's right, Mama got a new car!! A Buick Rainier. I will no longer hear "you can't the car won't make it." HA! I'm a free bird! Now comes the dreaded task of reading the 452 page owners manual. I guess that what I get for getting a car with all the bells and whistles. Is a car that has an owners manual that thick worth having? Guess I'm gonna find out.

Friday, September 21, 2007 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Thank God for Josie's good news! And Thank God for Jimmy being a sweetheart and adopting Albert!!!! How wonderful to hear something good among the sad news.

Just what is wrong with some people? I just saw on the news such a heartbraeaking thing, two porr little animals were set on fire. A racoon was set on fire then a cat also then was thrown on the racoon while two adults and 4 or 5 children watched and it was caught on video. I want to set those people on fire. God forgive me for those thoughts but how cruel to those poor little animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray those sick people who did this are caught and punished!!!!!!!!

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Congrats on the new Reindeer Adrienne! My brother has one of those and I call it a Reindeer... LOL.... Now that you have wheels, will you be able to make it to the Wags to Witches Fur Ball???? Just wondering.....

Pam, I have not heard about the incident you are talking about! How horrible! Those people need to be put away before they do more harm to any more animals or even people!!!

Saturday, September 22, 2007 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Now that I have a new car I really can't come to the fur ball. I haven't had a car payment in 4 years. Have to adjust to having one again. We'll just have to wait until November to meet.

I think the punishment should fit the crime. If you burn an animal, you should be burned. Maybe than people would think twice about how they treat animals and people.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

AMEN Adrienne!

Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Braveheart said...

Thank you so much for all your kind words...
Sandy you are so sweet to send the card and money.
I wish I had time to post earlier...life seems to be happening in threes for us (actually fives) of strange luck lately.
Thankfully Josie will get her stitches ou this monday and return to normal.
Come and see her soon Sandy...she is definitely a little piggy again.
Carmen

Friday, September 28, 2007 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hang in there Carmen. We are thinking about you and your precious baby Josie....

Friday, September 28, 2007 7:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation