The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Message in a Litter Box

Remember the Nun Bun? Several years ago someone (I believe in Philidelphia or somewhere in Penn.) got a bun in a bakery they said had the image of Mother Theresa. The image appeared all over the news everywhere.

You always hear about these mystical images appearing, usually of Mary. Stains on the wall of overpass concrete, on some windows and other odd places.

Now I believe you can see images in anything and they are not divine, but hey, if it makes people feel better, whatever.

We all see "pictures" in fluffy clouds, don't we? In fact, that was always a fun thing to do as kids.

WELL. I am getting messages from my cats. Or maybe my cats are sending me messages from the great Cat Spirit in the sky.

On two occasions, I have discovered, in removing number 1 from the cats' box, that the clump has appeared in the shape of a perfect heart.

What does it mean? That I am loved and appreciated? That I am special? That I need a checkup for high blood pressure? Am I alone in getting messages from cat pee?

Okay, for anyone who has their doubts, I AM JOKING AND HAVING FUN. I'm a crazy pet person, so someone out there might think I was seriously impressed with my cats' waste products. LOL.

Another black and white cat. For several nights now, when I come home from work I've noticed a black and white cat outside of my house. However, the minute I drive up, it runs off. I feel so bad for the little guy or gal. It probably doesn't come around during the day because Catfish and Tarzan are protecting their periminter, but I wish I could find out more about it. I was thinking about putting food out at night, but that would attract other wildlife I don't necessarily want near the fenced yard, as the other day, I found a dead possum that the dogs evidently cornered and caught it escaped. I HATE finding dead things in my yard, because when I do, The Boss is usually gone and I have to dispose if it myself, and one of the reasons I got married was for someone to take care of such unpleasant tasks!

posted by Sandy at 9/25/2007 11:30:00 AM

10 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Where is the dang picture of the heart??? LOL... Didn’t you save it and put it with the animal cracker???
We too have seen some strange shapes in the sandbox. We joke that we are digging for buried cat treasures… Boy do we find some jewels!

I would not suggest you putting out any cat food for the kitty. Living in the country as you do, you will defiantly attract more then you want! Maybe the kitty will come to you in time…

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Maybe I'll just put the food up by the garage and away from the house. That's how I used to feed Tarzan when he was afraid to come near us. But The Boss will see it and have a fit, so I'll have to put it in a place HE won't see it but a cat will. And I'll have to get other cat food. I'm not putting out the expensive Science Diet!

I thought about taking a picture of it, but that would have been gross to post here! Hey,they should make pink litter, then I would have had a pretty heart.LOL. I'd give it to The Boss on Valentine's Day and say, "Happy V day from the cats!"

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

SERIOUSLY!! Gross!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Funny Sandy! I like that idea and I am sure the Boss would love it too. You can tell him you did not want to waste any money on something as silly as a Valentine gift... The cheapakate Saint would go for that one!

As the gross factor, I don’t think taking a picture of a pee ball is all that gross. I have sure done grosser (is that a word) stuff such as pick dingle balls off Cheetahs butt, Catch barf coming out the mouth with the cup of my hands to salvage the carpet, wiped up cat and dog pee and poop, removed bird crap from the Saints shoulder, removed Christmas icicles half out of cats butts amongst other fun stuff with animals. So it is safe to say a little pee ball picture would not gross this animal mommy out at all…. LOL

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger O'Malley said...

Sandy,

You asked "what does it mean?" I think it means you have been drinking way too many adult beverages without us!!! hahaha...thanks, got a BIG laugh. Next time share the drinks and we will all analyze the poop and pee messages together.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Oh, Shannon, if only you knew.....

Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hey, y'all are onto a new game.... Maybe another one for Dragon Enterprises!
“Name that Pee Ball”....

I just love the look of concentration on the face of the little kitty on the pot! Enough to make anyone laugh!

Today as I was sitting in a restaurant enjoying lunch with the Saint, I had to wonder out loud, Hummmm did I remember to turn off the water faucet for Sheba.... Saint said I would find out when I got home. Luckily, I had turned it off. But we too turn the light on to remind us of her drinking. She takes way too long playing in the water for us to stand there and wait for her to get finished so we just walk out of the room and leave the light on as a reminder. But this morning I was in such a hurry that I did not turn on the light as my reminder. We have both been guilty of letting the water run for at least over an hour by forgetting. It runs at a trickle but still, wasting water and running up the bill all the same....

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Sandy,
you got to put some food somewhere cause it must be sooo hungry out there on it's own,poor baby.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Sandy, shame on you, that poor stray baby deserves the good stuff too! Sheeter, you know that baby needs some food it may be starving!
Shannon, drinking without us? Spoken like a true LNS! And hey, have you heard? We're coming back!Email me!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:23:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Shannon, better yet, call me! LSNDQ!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation