The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fun at the Fur Bash by Skeeter





I just arrived back in GA and am exhausted from lack of sleep (about 10 hours the past 3 days) but I refuse to get into the bed until I unwind a bit from the drive. I decided to pop in the pictures taken at the Fur Ball Bash. I will never be a photographer, that's for sure as I did not get the best of shots... But a few are better then none right....

We started the evening by meeting at the Blackhorse. All were able to be there but Alice, The Professor and Guinevere. But you were all with us in spirit. I must admit, being the first one to arrive in the restaurant, I was totally mortified at the stares and giggles from the patrons so I waited for the Calvary to show up to help me get over my shyness. Pam and Flyboy soon helped me regain my strength to once again enter the premises. Imagine that, Skeeter being shy! ha...

The group picture was not the best as I cut Pam completely out of the shot and Brett was not leaning forward as he should have been. Bad boy you! We did get the Saint to snap one of Pam, Flyboy and me from the other end of the table though. The other picture is Amy and Alice chatting it up.

The ball room was turned into a really neat and at some corners a bit scary by people such as Brett, Stacey, Amy and a crew of other volunteers and also a little help from me and the Saint as we did put in a good hour or so of work. It was not work to me as I found it fun! The ball room looked spectacular for the event!

We met up with Alice and the Professor and Guinevere joined us soon after arriving as well... We were a comical group of characters. The Leader of our pack was Sandy being a little red devil with horns and cap. She was really kicking it up on the dance floor at times with her bud Jamie. The Boss did not let us down, he came as the Boss, being himself! The Saint did not let us down either as he came as just himself too. Boring you people that don’t dress up for costume parties... Oh did I say costumes? I must not say that around the Dragon and his slaying attire! He had his Lady Guinevere all dolled up in her best attire as well as his attire which I might add, he stitched himself. I was impressed and thinking of hiring him as a seamstress the next time I need a new dress! Alice and I were cats. She a Gold and Black Leopard or spotted cat and me a Tuxedo cat complete with cheap Tux tee-shirt and black gloves. I had to keep an eye on those gloves as several kept eyeing them. LOL. The Professor had me stumped with his Traveling Gnome attire! How creative indeed! Fly boy was a hit with his rocker rough neck tattooed arms and bandanna on his head. The perfect Rock manager or was he a crazy baby sitter with his toddler Pam all cute in her Cat pajamas, slippers and sippy-cup filled with beer! Bad baby, bad baby! Brett was a handsome one all dressed up in his black jacket and hat looking like a GQ model but I think the scariest of all was Jeremy in his Goth Dracula attire! It was fun pawing at him on the dance floor to the Monster Mash! One of the funniest costumes had to be Amy and her big Bertha self. She had a poor little doggie sticking out her bum but the little bone tag above little Fido explained, "no animals were harmed in the making of this costume" She was carrying her sign looking for that lost puppy all night long. I wonder if she ever found it... Stacey was a beautiful Dark dressed woman, looking kind of Goth next to Jeremy. I think she has been spending too much time hanging out with Guinevere and Dragon boy because at times, I swear it was hard to tell them apart their dresses were so similar… I wonder if they planned that.

The bidding war at the silent auction was a success with lots of bidder’s running back and forth upping their bids every so often. People went home with lots of goodies for their bids. The voting on Mr. and Miss Wags to Witches was a total success as well with jars flowing with greenbacks! I am not sure how much money was collect during the night but the cash was flowing for the furry babies, that’s for sure. Sandy, you will have to get us a total amount on the fundraising event.

Alice and Professor, it was great to finally get to meet you. I know you don’t get out much Alice but am glad you joined us so we could get a chance to meet you in person! It is great to put faces on people you chat with on the computer. You and the Professor were wonderful to spearhead the Pet People table thus having us form a Logo! Who knows what is in store next! Professor, Mr gnome sir, I did not get a picture of you but I am sure our professional group photo will show up here at some point. Sorry for the mistake. I knew I should have snapped photos before we entered the Ball room! Darn darn darn!

Shannon and the rest of you Pet People that did not make the bash, You were with us in spirit. Shannon it was good to see you at the game and ‘aint’ those girls great! My mom told me on the phone that they won the tournament today so those young ladies had a perfect undefeated season! Well done young Lady Hawks!

Over all, I am totally exhausted from this quick trip but it was well worth it to be able to hang out with the Pet People and to also meet and mingle with other animal loving people!

I will share more pictures tomorrow!

Until we meet again....

posted by Skeeter at 10/21/2007 07:38:00 PM

30 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Good Morning to All!

THe Bash was a smash! We had a great time and I was so glad to see my old friends and finally meet Alice and the Professor! I can't wait to see what that Pet People Pic looks like.
You guys had some creative costumes. ANd Skeeter is right, AMY beat us all out with her "pooch up the pooper" costume. It was wonderful--I am so happy it all worked out for the best and that we had so many hands to help put up decorations, and I am extremely grateful to everyone who brought decor to the ballroom. I was really beginning to wonder how we would stretch what we had to cover that MASSIVE space. But God provided.
The grand total was over 15000.00 dollars made for the fuzzies of Clarksville. WONDERFUL!!!! THANK GOD for his blessings and his aid in helping us help his creatures!+
NOw we have the November gathering to look forward too--and maybe a Christmas party if we plan it ahead far enough. Start saving now guys, they said on the news this morning that gas would be $5 per gallon by November!!!!!!

Monday, October 22, 2007 8:01:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Thank you again Skeeter for posting this topic! Some of us Pet People had to go to work on Sunday, sniff, and it's always a hectic day for me because there are only a few people there on Sundays. You all must check out Chantal's story on the home page today about the party--it was on the front page of today's paper!

Yes, it was great seeing everyone and meeting Alice and the Prof for the first time. Everyone looked great in their costume, especially Amy. I DID NOT recognize her when I first arrived, and I've known her for years!

The event was just a few hundred shy of $16,000, with about $6,000 coming from the photo contest! Can't wait to do it again next year!

And just think--Daisy and Adrienne's visit is only a few weeks away! Looking forward to that all, especially since I'll be on VACATION and won't have to go to work the next day after our get together!

Monday, October 22, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Brett--did you get the photos of Hines and Lucy I emailed to you?

Monday, October 22, 2007 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

Yes--my precious babies are SO CUTE!! Especially little Bat Mite with his ears flopped out. Thanks for the pics! Hope everone is going to share. SANDY--you know goofball had the camera in the car with him the whole time!

Monday, October 22, 2007 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was so great to meet all of you! The professor and I had a great time and the whole event was fantastic! The decorations and the food were spectacular!!!

And the best of all was the amount of money the Fur Ball raised! Having a great time and raising money for the shelter fur children... what more could you ask for!

Monday, October 22, 2007 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

WOW!! I agree, it was a WONDERFUL night. Brett, I'm glad all our worries about decorations were fruitless, and everything (and everyone) came together on Saturday afternoon and made it SPOOK-TACULAR!!!!!!! I was really impressed with our final product. I think this should become our annual signiture event. The museum has Flying High, and APSU has the Candlelight Ball.... Well, the Humane Society has our FURR BALL!!! What more could we ask for?

When I get the portraits from Monika, I will let you all know and I will mail those that want them right away. Each couple will get a 5x7. I will ask her if I can post it here (since it will be HER portrait, I don't want to step on toes).

Well, dear ole B--it sounds like you just volunteered to organize a Christmas party!!!!!!! LOL

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:20:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

The only thing I have a problem with for a xmas bash would be the timing----everything gets so dang complicated at xmas! So let me knwo what your ideas and dates would be that we might be able to get together.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

What about a little Christmas party at the next get together in November???
We can set aside an hour or so to sing it up on the Karaoke with Christmas songs, which I am ordering today. Then Adrienne and Daisylouu will be here to partake in the fun with us! Nothing formal just sing some songs and maybe pass out a few cheap funny gag gifts or something like that… Just an idea to throw out there....

I agree the closer you get to Christmas, the more stressful it may be to pull off a party.

What do yall think???

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

It may be the only chance we get--but I was so hoping we could plan out an old fashioned party with a tree and singing . You know, one of those Andy Williams deals where everything is wonderful and smarvelous! But hey, any port in a storm.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Oohh....I like B's idea. I mean, aren't we all just like a holiday special when it comes down to it??

Okay, maybe we are more like that special that had the duet with Bing Crosby and David Bowie. A really strange combination, but it really worked!!! That's us!!!!!

But, seriously, I would love that! November is so packed already with the Pet People thing and all the Veterans Day stuff and Turkey Day....... Some Christmas cheer in December would be welcome by me!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 1:13:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

The Pet People being like a Bing Crosby family! LOL… Who has a piano at their house??? Who can play a dang piano??? I think the Pet People are more like the show Roseanne with our mass chaos!

I was thinking of Adrienne and Daisy with suggesting Nov… Can we have two parties in Nov??? One blow out and one Christmas in the same weekend??? Ha ha….

I will be in town for Christmas but not sure of the dates yet... Maybe something like from Dec 21-26... We will not be coming back up again in between Nov 9 and Dec 21. So you may have to count us out if the dates don’t work out but no big deal, there is always the next one…

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

HEY... what about all the November birthdays? I refuse to even think about christmas until after December 10th. That's the Foremans birthday and we don't like to think about the up coming holidays before our birthdays. I won't even put up a tree until the week before christmas and I always take it down the day after. OK, So maybe we're strange when it comes to christmas, but aren't we all?!! HA!

I'll be game for whatever though. SO speaking of November... Anyone up for being a tour guide on that Saturday? I would love to go into Nashville and see some of the sites. Also if there is anything fun and interesting in Clarksville. I'll be driving there, so I'll have my car to take. You all have my email address, so let me know.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Adrienne, What days will you be in Clarksville???

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:33:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I will be there Nov 8,9,10,11. The 8th and 11th are traveling days, so can't plan anything those days.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

Ok--we can wait til early December. It would be a lot to plan in that short a time anyway. But I still like "thanksmas" as the theme, as we probably won't see everyone between thanksgiving and xmas time.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Adrienne, I am not sure the days we will be up there but maybe we can drive you around Clarksville a bit if time permits. Although, there is really not too much to see. I have a lot of obligations this next visit since I did not get around this past trip. I am not sure what all I MUST do but I will know more as the days get closer…. I was thinking about showing up early for the party at Pams because she may need the help from us.

What is your tie to Clarksville? In other words, how did you get started on the Pet People Blog? I was not here from the beginning of it so I am not sure everyone’s story….

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

The Forman and I were thinking of moving to the area before we bought our house. I hate living here with all the people and the traffic and can't wait to get out. But sadly, we found our house here and not a job for the Foreman there. I had contacted The Leaf about finding pet friendly housing then Sandy gave me a call and as they say... the rest is history.

I will probably never get to move to that area as the Forman's mother has alzheimers and he wants to be closer to her to take some of the load off his sister. Looks like we will be Florida bound in the next few years.

Sandy has offered to be my tour guide for part of the weekend and what time I have left... Well I'm good at getting into trouble without much help. LOL!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

OH LORD!!! Beware, Sandy will get you in all kinds of trouble, girlfriend!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I think it’s neat that you have never actually been to Clarksville! You may find it so quiet and less expensive compared to where you are located now that you may have to move there... Your money will go a lot further and your nerves will be less frazzled with traffic.... Even Clarksville traffic is not really what I consider traffic. Nothing like Northern VA…

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I don't mind trouble as long as I don't have to make any phone calls requesting bail money. LOL!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

My family is local and has been for many years. Maybe we have some "pull" and can get you out of jail cheap! LOL

Thursday, October 25, 2007 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

For anyone who doesn't know--Amy has the pics from the ball posted on the H/S site--they are funny!

Friday, October 26, 2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I've got to send some of my pics out also. I GOT A GOOD ONE OF THE PROFESSOR DANCING WITH A SCANTILY CLAD BELLY DANCER!!!!! But, damn if I didn't get one of B either! What is up with that????? Was his CG self hiding from the camera that night??? Jeremy is all over the HS's pics. Just LOVE those shiny pants and Gene Simmons boots!

Friday, October 26, 2007 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

oh oh... next year a Kiss Foursome with some of the gang... Flyboy can be the manager!

Friday, October 26, 2007 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

OMG!!!!! Skeeter, I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!! That would be awesome. And there is an entire year to plan the costumes and make-up!! Now we just have to decide who will be Paul, Ace, and Peter..... Jeremy already has the boots to be Gene after all. But--does he have the tongue??? YIKES!!

Friday, October 26, 2007 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Stacey, Believe it or not, we have a record album of KISS.. But I am sure B and Jeremy do too!

Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

You all make me laugh! My mom listened to Kiss, went to a couple of their concerts and got busted by my grandparents for lying about where she was. LOL!

Saturday, October 27, 2007 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Oh Gosh you make me feel old Adrienne!!!

Sunday, October 28, 2007 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger dragon said...

Okay girls, you can KISS the KISS idea good bye. Ain't gonna happen. I'm not wearing spandex and grease paint for anybody.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Spandex! arg, that is scary....

Sunday, October 28, 2007 4:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation