The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Humane Society Needs Wrappers!!! by Stacey

That's right folks, the Clarksville / Montgomery County Humane Society needs WRAPPERS! No, not the kind wearing baggy pants and lots of bling, but the kind armed with scissors and tape and lots of Christmas cheer. This is a short notice cry for help, which is why I am posting here about it.

Borders Books at our local Govenors Square Mall has offered the Humane Society a fundraising opportunity wrapping Christmas presents in front of their store THIS weekend. But, our pleas for wrappers have fallen on deaf ears. Amy Shaver, the Assistant Director and volunteer wrangler, needs folks that love to wrap presents to step up and HELP! She would like to have enough folks to wrap from 8am - 10pm on Saturday and from 11am - 7pm on Sunday. But, she has offered to cut the Saturday hours to 11am - 7pm also, because there are no people to help.

Can any of you Pet People (or those of you that just like to read the blog and love your pets) volunteer to wrap for the animals this weekend?? If so, please email Amy directly at humanesociety@clarksville.com. She has the schedule and can plug you in at times of your choosing. Even 2 hours would help so much. I hope to see many of you there!!!!

Oh, and by the way, a little Tweety bird told me that the mean, evil, fire-breathing Dragon actually accepted B's challenge to put on the Santa suit for CATS-R-US on their Santa Claws photo with your pet day at Petsmart!!!!! The big day is Saturday, December 15 from 11am - 4pm. So be sure to bring your precious four legged babies to have their picture snapped with DRAGON CLAWS. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The picture is of my Casper under the tree, which I hope brings out the spirit of Christmas and inspires folks to volunteer to wrap presents! HO HO HO

posted by Stacey at 11/29/2007 06:15:00 AM

13 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Dragon, what a wonderful thing you are doing! Now you are not doing this for selfish reasons such as having Girly Girls sit on your lap with their cute pooches now would you??? Tee hee... You are a good Dragon for being a Dragon Claus!

Wish I were there this Saturday to help wrap presents! I love to wrap presents and would wrap until my eyeballs went blurry for the furry’s….

I love pictures of pets under the Christmas tree! I have some I will share as the days pass by to keep us in the Christmas Spirit!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I will have to take my camera and new video skills which I will perfect before then and get some dragon Santa video!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Oh and inquiring minds want to know: will Dragon be wearing the Jet's thong under the Santa suit? It's green, a nice Christmas color!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Sandy, do you think Santa Dragon can handle Doris Day (Great Dane)on his lap? I have been waiting for just the right Santa. Ho,HO,Ho !

Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Hey Ginger, I'ts about time I saw you here! I'm sure Dragon can handle a dane, though he'd probably prefer a dame!

Now that's a picture I want to see!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

Amy is arranging a ride for me so I can help wrap presents. It sounds like fun and I may be able to pick up a gift or two while I am at the mall without the professor. Hope to see lots of you there or at least bringing gifts for me to wrap!

and I don't wrap thongs :P

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Wishes do come true. I got my Diamonds for my birthday 2.25 cts!! Only took 11 years of marriage to get them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM! Hope it was special!

If I was there I would wrap all the thongs you had. They're the best gifts!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM AND ADRIENNE!!!

Great Alice! Wish we could sit by each other and wrap together! Oh well, maybe some day! Oh come on Alice, a thong would be easy to wrap because it does not require a lot of paper! LOL

Friday, November 30, 2007 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Daisylouu said...

I'm dressing as a doggie and driving to Tennessee to sit on Santa's lap. The Jets will be playing the Titans on Dec. 23rd, so Santa better know what to wear under that suit. Woof! Woof!

Friday, November 30, 2007 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

That’s funny Daisy!

Will Smokey be there and I am dying to know if Guinevere will be Santa’s elf to keep an eye on him????

Where is the old Dragon boy these days? I reckon he is at the North Pole getting some pointers from the big guy!

Saturday, December 01, 2007 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Hello everyone, sorry I've been too busy to get on here lately but I've been thinking of all of you!
I am so proud of my brother for being Santa for the sweet babies. He will be the best one they have ever had I just know it! You go brother! Makes me want to be a Elf at least a part time one,ha.
Adrienne, congrats on finally getting those diamonds, sometimes it just takes longer to train some of these guys. You got it down now so keep it going.
Thanks Adrienne and Skeeter, I had a great birthday and got some real goodies too. Fly Boy surprised me with some goodies even after letting me go on a espensive shopping trip first. Got some very romantic cards and was taken to dinner too, it was great!
Well got to get but will try not to take so loong to get back on here next time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

I had a great time wrapping gifts for people but I was all alone for 4 hours... tsk tsk. Many people donated to the Human Society without getting anything wrapped! I was glad to be able to help today! Thanks Amy :)

Saturday, December 01, 2007 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hey Pam! Glad to see you back here girl. Dont keep your self too busy. You need to slow down and smell the roses a bit!

Alice, I wish I could have been there with you today! I love to wrap presents and also people watch. We could have had the best time chatting about animals while people watching. That is so much fun this time of year! I could sit for hours in a mall and just watch people..... Strange activity but I find people so interesting to observe! I know, I need to get a life! LOL

We went to our local Small town Christmas parade today and if that don’t get one into the Christmas spirit, I don’t know what will… We had the best time watching all the kids chasing candy, (yes, they still throw it from floats in GA) and also all the people that had their dogs with them on this beautiful sunny low 70’s day! A couple had their 2 Golden Retrievers decked out with big red bows around their necks! Those tails were a wagging like crazy as they walked them around town! It was a wonderful experience…

Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation