The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Vacationing Pets


I've been trying to load a picture, but it's not working, so something must be wrong with the server. I was going to put up a picture of Peanut on vacation. Where was he on vacation? Why right here at home, and it's a vacation 365 days of the year!

And I, too, am on my first day of vacation! And believe me, I need it! So all of you who can post topics, please feel free for the next week to do so!

Daisy arrives tomorrow and Friday is our get-togethers. The plan is (and correct me if I'm wrong)

Lunch at Poncho Villa's at 11 (if Stacey can make it, if not, maybe 12:30?) We'll have to wait on Stacey,and she's currently off in Washington D.C. on a veterans trip. Then dinner at the VFW for schnitzel on Friday, then off to Pam's for games. Pam, please e-mail directions to your house! You all should have a Pet People roster of contact info. The weather should be nice, too.

Adrienne arrives Thursday night and Daisy and I will pick her up Friday for lunch and then some Clarksville sightseeing.

As to vacations: The Boss and I haven't gone anywhere since 2001 when we went on a Delta Queen riverboat cruise. We had a friend's daughter stay here and pet sit. Since then, I've gone to PA by myself while he took care of the mutts. It's just so hard to go on vacation with so many pets. I have a friend who owns a pet-sitting service which I'd be happy to use, but I live 20 miles out of town, which makes it difficult. Next year, The Boss has to go to Vale, Colorado in October for a business meeting, and I'd like to go along. So I have a year to find someone to stay here. I pay great! I asked Daisy if she wanted to come down and do it and get away from her life for a week, so maybe that will work out.

I wouldn't mind boarding the dogs, but I won't with the cats, as they are traumatized by change, especially Catfish. I could probably find someone to come over and take care of their needs, which involves simply filling the bowls and cleaning the box!

Well, I'm off to do some minor cleaning before Daisy arrives. E-mail any change in party plans!

And once again, any Pet People reader who wants to join us for either lunch, dinner and more, you know where to find us. I'll post the exact lunch time once we hear from Stacey!

posted by Sandy at 11/06/2007 11:12:00 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

Sandy, I am having the same problem with blogger. It is also not publishing when it says it is. What is up with it? I have found sometimes that creating drafts and having them ready helps when blogger is slow or refuses to load. You pet people have a great time at your get together!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:52:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Sorry y'all are having trouble posting today! Maybe it will be better tomorrow...

Don Poncho is the lunch destination! It is by the Wal-Mart in Sango off Madison street..... 11:00 is the time as Stacey is not sure she will make it...

Sandy, if I lived there, I would take care of your babies for you! My friend that lives in Arkansas paid for me a plane ticket to fly out there to watch her diabetic cat and give him shots while she and hubby went to Germany for two weeks! I stayed in a garage apartment with no cable TV as they were in the process of building the house! They had lots of DVD’s for me to watch and I read a book. I am not a reading person so that was a long two weeks. But we do what we have to for the fur babies….

I have the games and pie plates packed for our TN trip but not us yet! Burrr it is turning cold and I have been busy bringing in plants and placing them out of cats paws reach! I gave up on three large ones and will close them off in the guest bedroom. The girls will not be happy with a closed door but they will just have to lump it for a few days! When I get home, the Christmas trees go up so they will be happy to have them to climb! Ha ha…

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Christmas trees???? Before thanksgiving? Not in this house! Our tree doesn't go up until the week of christmas. This will be Hunter's first christmas, so we'll see how he does with having a tree in the house. May have to hang mouse traps from the bottom! LOL!!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh I couldn't wait for the week before Christmas to put up our trees because it is so much work I want a long time to enjoy them so it's the day after Thanksgiving that ours go up unless Fly Boy is on a trip then we have to wait till he gets home.

we put up three trees so it takes awhile. In our family room we put our traditional tree with all the old and new ornaments and colored lights. In the formal living room Iwe put a formal tree with all white lights then we put one in our grand kids room with thier special ornaments and colored lights. They love having thier own tree when they come to visit.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I am starting the decorating season early this year because the Saint parents are coming for Thanksgiving and want to see the house decorated for Christmas. I usually start the decorating as Pam on the day after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas decorations and have collected them every where we have lived and vacationed. So I have a ton of stuff that I only get to enjoy for a month so getting it up a bit early this year will be a treat for me! I put up 5 trees in the house and 5 filled with fake birds and snow on the front porch plus I hang garlands on most every doorway and arch in the house! I love to decorate so this is fun for me but pushing me to get it all up in less then a week (they arrive on the following Tuesday) will be a challenge! I crank the Christmas music and got to work or should I say play as it is fun to me!

The girls are usually good about the decorating but Sheba likes to jump into the storage boxes. I don’t like that because glitter gets all over her pretty black fur and she tracks it all over the house! I set the trees up a few days before I decorate them so as to get the babies use to them being around. So far, no one has climbed one! (Knocking on wood here)

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

We have one of those little trees like 2 ft tall that is on the pedestal and has fiber optic lights. I can sit it up out of reach and no one has troubles. I put my Grandmothers old aluminum tree up every year or so -just for old times sake.
This will be Hines first xmas. He's so excitable-I can't wait to see what he does Christmas morning when we open up the babies gifts.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

B, sure hope your babies don't try to eat your tree like mine do. Brittany and Penelops try to eat the glass lights so have to lock them in the bedroom with us at night when the trees are up. Penelope doesn't like that so she digs in the carpet trying to get the door opened, so see why we want to rip out our carpet and put in all hardwood.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Our family dog Molly use to go under the tree every year and sniff out her gifts and open them before Christmas! We would hide them way under the stuff in the middle and she would carefully find hers not messing with any other gifts! She was a smart one that girl....Now we kids were not allowed to open our gifts early, Only Molly got that privilege!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 6:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation