The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cats, Christmas trees and Helping Cats by Skeeter




Okay, we have cats! We have shiny Christmas trees in the house. It is bound to happen at some point right? You Pet People know what I am talking about. Some times dogs, cats and trees don’t mix well. I bet we all have our “Downed Tree” Stories to share. Not funny at the time but oh so funny after the fact and years down the road.

It took me forever but I finally got pictures of my babies under the trees! Notice that tail hanging down from the window ledge behind Sheba? Place your bets now! Which of these cute adorable fur-balls was the guilty party of the tree incident yesterday??? Was it the Clown Cat Sheba with her funny antics or the Scardy Cat Cheetah running from something that startled her??? Hummmm.

No matter which one you picked, you are wrong with your answer! It was the Cat named Skeeter. No, not the ghost of the yellow man resting in the backyard from chasing butterflies over the Rainbow Bridge, but Skeeter me!

The Saint parents will be stopping by the day after we return from TN so I must get the house in order and ready for their visit before we head to TN tomorrow. They will be dropping Minnie off for us to Dog sit while the parents travel on to Texas to ring in the New Year with some friends. Hey, the Senior Citizens go to Texas to party in the New Year while the kids stay home and pet sit! What is wrong with this picture? Ha, Go Figure! Anyway, I am busy cleaning away. The wood floors are getting the Swiffer treatment as fast as I can swiff them when I bumped the table that holds the small Christmas tree too hard. CRASH-BANG-BOOM down the tree went! Ornaments went flying all over the floor while the tree separated from the container! What a mess I had on my now even dirtier floor! Argggg. I had to stop what I was doing and plug in the glue gun to get the tree back to normal. I was in such a hurry that today I noticed the tree is leaning in the pot! Oh well…and to think, I had been keeping a eye on those two babies every time they get near a tree when I am the one that needs to stay clear of the trees. All the Saint said was, “I am glad it was you and not me!” ha…

On a more serious note…
The Pet People are plotting a Day of Happiness for a local Shelter. The choice of the day is going to be Cats R-us on Providence Blvd… Brett and Jeremy are spearheading this wonderful gift to the furry babies of the shelter. The plan thus far is for anyone wanting to clean liter boxes, cages or what ever else needs attention or just play with some furry babies (to let them know they are loved,) we will meet at Shoney’s on Riverside drive for breakfast around 7:15 Saturday morning! Then we will proceed up Boot Hill to get to work! We plan to have needed gifts of liter, food, paper towels, etc in tow! I am asking, (Okay begging) for anyone not busy Saturday morning to stop by to help us Pet People out! If you cannot show up for physical labor or rubs, by all means feel free to dig into those pockets to assist with a monetary donation to help out with supplies or Vet bills! I know this is an expensive time of year, but can you find it in your heart to do without eating out one night or ordering that extra drink in order to help out a furry baby! We will be there come Rain or Shine so stop by and say Hello and meet some of us Crazy Pet People…. You too can be a Pet People, just starts the commenting and make some great new friends like I did!

Lets give the Lady’s at Cats R-Us a Christmas to remember!
Below is the latest update from Brett and Jeremy…
*(The meeting at Shoney’s “Riverside” for grub at 7:15 is on too….)
ATTENTION ALL PET PEOPLE-BLOG LOVERS-ANIMAL LOVERS-ETC.
This is the email I just got from Jeremy concerning our Saturday morning at CATS R US---
"I just got off the phone with Suzanne and Gerda. They want us to meet at the shelter. She said that the yard sale is staying put till at least after the holidays and if it can possibly be worked out and they guy will let them hold onto the building maybe another yard sale later in January!!

Here is what she said they really need:

Cat Litter
Kitten Chow
Friskies turkey & giblets
Paper towels
Trash bags
an automatic pooper scooper
and several illegal aliens for labor.

We need to get a head count of how many we will have and coordinate to be there right at 8:00am. If we h ave enough bodies maybe we can get all of the heavy cleaning done by 10am so that when they actually open they won't have to worry about still trying to clean and talk to customers at the same time. If we don't have a lot of people that can show up then they can make extra donations!!! "

PLEASE respond to me ASAP with a "yay" or "nay" on attendance and what you may be able to donate--if all you can only donate the sweat of your brow, we'll take it! Prayers and pay pal donations also accepted. Sing out Pet Folk--I have posted this on the blog also--talk about it amount your selves and maybe someone who is not a regular will be kind enough to chip in a little elbow grease.!!

posted by Skeeter at 12/20/2007 12:13:00 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I will be putting a check in the mail today for the kitties!

As to having a tree knocked over.... Has never happened!(knock on wood) Not a small tree or a large! I worry more about waging tails in the tree and Hunter eating the branches. So far he has not eaten any orniments! YAY for me! And I didn't use any mouse traps this year either! LOL

Thursday, December 20, 2007 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

Bless ya Sis! And a MErry, Merry Christmas To You and Hunter the Horrible-LOL

Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Ah, Before I saw that last line, I was going to say, "I would not mess with a tree loaded with mouse traps either!" (I guess I did say that)

Lesson's must have been learned in the past.... Cant believe Hunter the pup did not mess with it... Good Boy....

Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Pam told me to tell you guys that she and Flyboy cannot make it to Cats R Us on Saturday to help out but they did give a cash donation....so thanks Pam and Flyboy!!!

Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:51:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

WHOOO HOOO!!! PAm and Fly boy rock!!!

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger O'Malley said...

I will be there! I can't do breakfast but will be at catsrus at 8am. B, is there a certain type of litter they prefer? Also, I think I mentioned this but my daughters will more than likely be coming with me. They are SO excited about seeing all the kitties and getting a chance to love on them.

Friday, December 21, 2007 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

The cheap brand is a regular purchase just because it is the most feasibe and we get more bang for the buck as fast as it is used up--it is changed daily after all--so even though you may thingk "WHY?" go for the cheapest and the most. Your daughters are welcome, just as long as they are not afraid to get their hands dirty while they hand out some loving. I figure they woul dbe perfect candidates for emptying, cleaning and refilling the water dishes. But Gerta has a system that we will fall into.

Friday, December 21, 2007 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

If anyone can afford a bag of Purina cat or kitten chow--please do so. We have all jumped on the liter problem , and thats great, but lets get some chow in there too if possible.

Friday, December 21, 2007 3:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation