The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Monday, December 17, 2007

Dragon-Claus for the Cause! by Skeeter




Well the Saint and I survived the warm ocean side in Savannah and have some wonderful new memories to add to our anniversary album!

Saturday, I just had to call and gloat to my mom that I was munching on some of Paula Deens kick butt foods at her Lady and Sons restaurant. I had no sooner gotten the words out of my mouth and I got an old fashion southern cussin in my ear! Yep mom and dad had just returned from splashing around in the mud and muck with Farland and friends photo shoot with Santa Dragon. Then I had the audacity to call her and brag that I was warm and dry eating at the place she oh, so desires to patronize! Even thought it rained mom and dad kept their promise to me that they would take Farland, Barbara Bear and Spider on the Santa outing! She had a few choice words for me (all in good humor of course) but had to laugh and say that they were glad they promised me they would take the gang to see Dragon-Claus. They enjoyed meeting Dragon, Stacey and Jeremy while at the photo op and it was well worth their wet efforts!

It was about 20 minutes later and Stacey called to inform me of the first customers to the photo shoot. I had to laugh at her and say I already knew who their first customers were… Thanks for the quick chat Stacey, you sounded like you were having so much fun playing elf….

I wish I could have been there too and y’all know I would have if I could. Thank you soooo much mom and dad for taking Farland and his buds to see Dragon-Claus! Great Kudos to the pet people Dragon for donning that red suit, Stacey for playing elf and Jeremy for snapping pictures all in the name of the Cat Cause!

Now Dragon why did Farland not get to meet Smokey? I bet Dragon was afraid Barbara Bear might take him home to add to her collection of critters. Spider is a male as Farland so yall know who the boss in that group is…. Tee hee…

Brett, mom and dad regretted they could not make it to the Yard Sale as the rain just would not let up while they were out and about. But they did leave a donation with the elves at Petsmart as well as the picture fee to make up for their absence.

You people do make a difference in the world where the furry babies are concerned!

posted by Skeeter at 12/17/2007 02:21:00 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Tell Ma and PA a big "THANK YOU" for the donation! We appreciate it greatly!!!!The weather was HORRIBLE Saturday--but we still has LOTS of yard sale patrons who braved the weather and mud to find a good bargain.

Monday, December 17, 2007 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I wish I could have been there. Stella loves to be held. That would have been great to see. Dragon Claws holding a giant St. Bernard in his lap! Of course Oscar would have peed on him and Mattie and Hunter would have licked him to death. But it would have been worth it to see.

The Foreman played Santa for my daycare a couple of times. He says he hated it and would never do it again, but I never had to twist his arm very hard to do it.

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

When I lived in LA I worked PR for Chucky Cheese! Yeah, I know what a crappy job, but I had to put food on the table ya know! I had a Promotion to do at the visitors Welcome Center from Texas border into Louisiana. I was to take my big Rat to the center to entice people to pull over to take a traveling break to munch on cookies, have coffee, hot chocolate, etc. Well, my Rat called in sick and I was committed so me and the ex-hubby took the task at hand. He wore the Rat Costume and me the Dog costume and we had a blast standing at the interstate cutting up for the travelers. Truckers were getting on CB's and talking about how they feared crossing the border into LA because they had some mighty big Rats in that State! At times I got really creative and hiked my dog leg on the Rat as if peeing on him. That got the horns to blowing... Ah, those were the days. NOT..... Stinky hot costume adorned my body once and only once... Ex-hubby was a jerk but I must give him credit for being a trooper and helping me out in that bind. Ha, about the only nice thing he ever did for me!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Skeeter, now that was a good one, you could have saved taht for one of our truth and lie games!
Hey guys, let's do that again for the party Sat. night, bring on another truth and lie. It was so fun before!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Shoot, I never thought of that Pam. Darn Darn Darn, that would have made a good one....

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation