The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Redneck snow dog by Skeeter



Being the 4th child born, I had to adorn my body with hand me downs at times. I think all children of the 60’s probably had to wear hand-me-downs at some point. But this one takes the cake! Our family pet Molly (Welsh Terrier) was also in the mix, she was one of us kids right? This was the first house dog we ever had and she taught us that dogs were family members.

I can remember life without such stores as Petsmart, Petco, etc. I can remember going to the pet food isle in a grocery store and finding nothing more then pet food and Milk-bones dog treats and maybe a ball! Wow, folks we have come a long way since those days. Now stores are filled with everything one needs to convince an animal they are human!

In this picture of Molly, you will see her wearing one of my hand-me-down tee shirts and a red scarf I put around her neck to keep the snow off her whiskers. (Dragon, forgive me, I was a mere child then) Does she look like a little Redneck dog or what? In the years to follow, my mom found her a nice red sweater to wear in the winter months. I think that was the beginning of Great Pet things to come. Or Horrible Pet things to come as Dragon might say…

Okay B, where is that picture of Lucy wearing her new Birthday sweater?

posted by Skeeter at 12/11/2007 10:47:00 AM

6 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Skeeter, Molly looks like she is looking to see if anyone is watching her.LOL!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Whisper said...

She's adorable! I love the scarf and T-shirt look... so very retro!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

Anybody want to voulnteer to help me pull that sewater on her? After that last picture, she was so mortified that she won't go near a sweater!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:53:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

Skeeter, now that picture has character. All that is needed is a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon next to the dog. Then she would be a true redneck dog. Besides, the dog is wearing the number 88, which is almost as good as the number 69.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Oh Dragon if you only knew about those PBR cans we use to collect from under our neighbors porch! LOL...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

At first I thought the scarf was the dog's ears! She looks like she's having fun!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation