The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sandy’s Failure, Dragon’s Success





As usual, it requires a Dragon to take over for the mere female in the successful re-indoctrination and rehabilitation of the cat formerly known as Tweety. It is stressful enough just moving from one place to another. Not to mention moving into an established household of dogs and cats. But, what Sandy could not do in a lifetime, I have managed to do in a few days.

First, I should tell you that I have finally decided on the appropriate name for the cat. It took many days, only because Wifey poo cannot make a decision on these matters if her life depended on it. I decided to name the cat Shadow. My logic for this name is that every time I looked for the cat, she was hiding in the shadows. Wifey poo has claimed that this was her idea, because she said the cat is always underfoot, just like her shadow. Yes, I know, it must have been FATE, that wifey poo and I both thought of this name for the cat. Good Grief. Someone save me.

I believe in tough love, not all this namby pamby touchy feely crap that Sandy was spouting about smelling and being in the carrier, etc. You take a dog and the cat, and you put them in the floor together. You let them get used to each other, and make them stay there, close together. No hissing, no growling, nothing but love. Oh wait, that’s not right. Anyway, you do this every day. Each day, they get closer and closer together.

Today, we reached new closeness. Shadow was lying on Lucy’s paw. As Aunt B would say, they will live happily ever after. Shadow still objects to this procedure every time, so I ask her if she wants to go back to live with Sandy. She begs me NO, that she’ll do anything to stay here with us and not go back there with the crazy lady. Shadow doesn’t want to sacrifice for America. She wants all her toys and food and cat trees to herself and will not share them with less fortunate cats.

I know you all think I am a mean evil cruel person. But on Saturday when wifey poo was gone off to do her other things and I took my nap before work, Shadow came and laid down on the pillow next to my head and went to sleep with me. I know this because I must have rolled over in my sleep and squished her, because I woke to a claw upside my ear. Wifey poo keeps saying she is a Daddy’s girl. But, I don’t want it to be a Daddy’s cat. I have enough to do trying to take care of wifey poo’s varmints, I sure don’t want one of my own.

Shadow’s rehab is not complete, but she continues in her 12 steps every day. She no longer seeks shelter on top of the entertainment center when the dogs or the Fat Cat enters the room. Since this seems to be the season of fund raising for all the needy animals, I may have to have one for Shadow. We need help paying for the storage shed for all her crap, I mean important cat stuff, that Sandy sent over with her.
NOTE FROM WIFEY POO: It must be true about Shadow being her Daddy's girl. After he posted this, he went to bed. I just walked in the bedroom to the second picture, of Shadow on her Daddy's chest. AWWWW!!!!

posted by dragon at 12/09/2007 09:59:00 PM

23 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I am so happy to see everyone so happy, despite the insults hurled my way by the fire-breathing pain in the butt!

I must correct you on one thing. My problem was not with introducing Tweety to dogs, but to the CATS. They ATTACKED her, they didn't just sniff her like Ranger does. Ask your precious Daisy, she'll tell you!

Tweety deserved better, and she got it. Even if Catfish and Tarzan accepted her, she likes being around people more than animals I think, so she is better off there. You needed another house cat. Ranger is retired and you need a youngster to keep you on your scaley toes!

I LOVE the pictures. Can't wait to show The Boss. He'll probably be a bit sad, because he really took to Tweety. Oops, I mean Shadow. THAT right there tells you how sweet she is, to win over The Boss!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

The big winner is ShadowTweety. Yay!

Monday, December 10, 2007 2:28:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

Good Morning All,

Congrats to the Dragon for helping Tweety slide into his new home with ease. ALICE--I'm so glad you are smitten with Mittens. I hope everything will work out and Mittens will have a new home for Christmas.
I've had to take the day off because Jeremy has been up all night puking and carrying on with his stomach and back--sounds like flu again, but I am taking him into the doctor today to make sure.
ANYWAY, I was supposed to take Friday off to work the Cats R Us yard sale, but being off today has thrown a monkey wrench into the works. The Yard Sale is definitely going to be a hit--they have ALOT of great stuff, and I am sure it will be busy.
I'll give you an update on Jeremy later.

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Jeremy... Get well soon! So many furry ones (and B) rely on you....

Yes Alice, get smitten and get Mittens!

Dragon dear Dragon ole Lordship of mine.... I see you have succumbed to the females of the house! They have you sleeping under pink girlie bedcovers! I would expect a big ole scaly one such as you resting under leopard skins, bear skins and such. Now I see the mere females have you under their powers with pink blankets… Oh your true colors are starting to show here big boy…. You still are high upon my scale with your saving of Shadow though… Like Aunt B, I too love a Happy Ending!

Monday, December 10, 2007 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Daisylouu said...

Lucky cat.

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:30:00 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Why, Daisy, you sound just a wee bit jealous. I'm quite sure the Dragon would make room for you UNDER his cozy pink covers, not on top with Shadow.

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Daisylouu ,
Thank you so much for the wonderful Christmas card!!!
The Saint and I are still laughing at the Perfect Pay-Back for the Daisy Duke Shorts pictures on the Blog….. hahahahahahahahaha….
Oh Sandy, you may be the oldest but you taught your little sis well…..
Hahahahahahahahaha………….

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:33:00 PM  
Blogger Daisylouu said...

She's clueless skeeter. And stacey, being a girl from the north, I would certainly require being "under" the covers. Need to keep my tootsies warm you know!

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

First of all, Wifey Poo did not seek permission from the Blog Police to post that picture of me in my bed chambers. I am a shy Dragon, and can not believe that she subjected me to such humiliation. Now, I personally know how poor, precious Scooter feels with those reindeer antlers on his head. I wonder if S.A.F.E. has a clause for Dragons. Ooops, I forgot. I can fix this problem. There, that’s better.

I don’t have a clue what on earth you are talking about in reference to the colors of my bed covers. You know that a manly Dragon such as myself would never sleep with pink blankets. Wifey Poo must have staged it for my total embarrassment. I prefer green and white bed coverings so that they do not clash with my thong.

Daisy, anytime you want to curl up on my chest, just come on down. I’ll have the space reserved just for you. And Sandy, thanks for the compliment. If you consider me a fire breathing pain in the butt, I have achieved my goal. And yes, Sandy, Shadow definitely got the better end of this deal. She lives in the lap of luxurious comfort, with soft couches and chin scratches, and I get to buy more cat food and have my blood drawn. Let it be said that rehab is not painless, for Shadow or for me.

Skeeter, do you want to post the Christmas card, or should I????? Inquiring minds want to know. We do not want to deprive all the other Pet People, do we????

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Not scaley afterall are you? You might have removed the picture, but we all saw it this morning.

Christmas card? What christmas card?

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What the hell did she send you?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Oh Adrienne, I would not want to spoil this surprise for anything!
I am sure the post man is digging out the snow to get this special card delivered to you....
Daisy, you are one Slick Chick, you have sis cussing on the Blog!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Shadow is a great name! Good one guys!
Sandy, on the Christman card YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW trust me on that one, but is'a good one, I'm still laughing! HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daisy thank you soooo much!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Sandy,
Tis the season to be Jolly,
Fa la la la la-
La la la laaaaaaaaa.....

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Deck the halls with boughs of holly.

Fa la la la la la la la la la.

Don we now our gay apparal.

Fa la la la la la la la laaaaaa....

PS--I about busted a gut laughing too!!!!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Well thanks a alot. Glad you are all enjoying yourself.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

Thanks also to Daisy and Adrienne for the Christmas cards--and yes, Sandy--you've been punked.
Jeremy and I waited 2 and 1/2 hours (with an appointment) for the doctor--and he was in less than five minutes. Theres no point in going to the doctor anymore--they are all so jaded and greedy it's pointless.
Anyway--I spent the day as Shirley Booths stand-in (Hazel for those who remember the old girl), but I got him well enough to go back to work today. SO now, I have to miss Friday at the Yard Sale, and I'm p*ssed.
We got a truck and trailer load from our house and things were looking really good. I wanted to sneak up there yesterday, but I didn't want to leave Jeremy alone in case he got sick again. BUt I guess I'll have to deal. Fa la la la la--blah blah blah blah

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Thanks for the card Daisy! IT'S GREAT! I laughed so hard!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

Adrienne, how dare you ruin my reputation!!! I am the most mean, evil, vile, scaly, fire breathing creature known to man. How dare you besmirch my character!

Daisylouu, thanks for such a great Christmas card. When I first opened it and saw it, I laughed so hard I think I about tore a lung. The pain and the agony was worth it just to receive such a special gift from you. The card will go front and center. In fact, it may be prominently displayed all year round. I will have to take care so that Shadow does not see it. She is in such a delicate place in her rehab, I wouldn't want her to see it and go spiraling back downward.

Pet People, we must all make a pact. NEVER show Sandy the card. Unless of course, it is posted here. I think that could be our blackmail ace in the hole, if we ever need one. But, wait. We all are assuming that everyone got the same card. What if there are so many embarrassing photos, that Daisy could not pick just one? What if each of us got a different one? Hmmm...we could each post one every day just to be sure we all get to see them.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Daisylouu said...

Rest assured, all got the same card, and it's unfortunate I only had a few addresses which Adrienne was kind enough to share with me. It's our little secret, a priceless little gift I captured during my recent stay in Tennessee. Sandy will also get a card of her own, but I am waiting to send it with the package of gifts for the blood-thirsty dogs. Stay tuned.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Daisy, I just knew Sandy would get a 8 X 10 Framed in all her glory!

Dragon, maybe you should have that near by at Petmarts this weekend in case some reader wants to take a peek....

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

I am hurt... a clique has been formed on the Pet People Blog... and many of us have been left out.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I sent Daisy the Pet People list, which didn't have addresses, but when she was here and met the others, she got their addresses! And I have a big magnet for you that she made and brought for everyone Alice, so I need to get it to you sometime.

And seems I've been left out too.

But I have albums full of Daisy photos, and I have the power of the blog to post and to delete posts and ban people from posting, so you all better remember who the real BOSS is!

Plus, I know how to use photo shop to further enhance the Daisy photos I choose! Stay tuned

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation