The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back to the Land of the Living


I have been punished for making fun of The Boss getting the flu. I thought I had dodged the bullet, because he came home sick last Wednesday and I was fine for days afterward. But then early Sunday morning it hit me like a cartoon anvil on Wiley Coyote!

I can't ever remember being so sick. I did nothing for four solid days but stay in bed and go in and out of sleep induced by Dayquil and Nyquil. And I must say the Boss was a pretty good nurse when he was here. But that's probably because I'm a much better patient than he is when he's sick!

I feel like I'm a bear just coming out of winter hibernation! I missed the Dragon's birthday and so much more! Thanks to all of you for posting topics and keeping the conversation going. I'll try to catch up as best I can.

Thanks for the e-cards wishing my recovery, but why were they for THE BOSS? I can assure you, he did not suffer nearly as much as I did when I was on nursing duty!

I still feel a little weak and lightheaded and am still coughing and sniffling, but from what I hear from others who've had this nasty flu, that's normal. I haven't eaten much, so it will take me a few days to get back to my old sarcastic self. I know Dragon has missed me the most, though he will never admit it.

Photo above is of the dog Phoebe I posted about a while back, the old, abandoned one-eyed, crooked-toothed dog that we thought we'd never find a home for. She is living in the lap of luxury in Kentucky with a wonderful woman who spoils her rotten. Here,Phoebe gives approval of her new bed. The photo illustrates me in my sick bed!

posted by Sandy at 2/28/2008 05:05:00 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Glad you're back Sandy, hope you feel like your old self soon! That sweet Phoebe looks beautiful reclining on her new bed. I am so happy she had all the love and spoiling she deserves. God bless her precious heart and God bless that sweet lady who adopted her!

Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back, Sandy! The Flu has hit a lot of us hard this season. Nasty little bug is a lingerer too. At least most of our pets don't seem to get it. But then they have enzymes that allow them to lick their butts and not become ill.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Welcome back to the land of the living Sandy! Hope you are at 100% soon!

Ginger, I would rather be sick then lick my butt! Too funny about the enzymes...

Friday, February 29, 2008 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I just read a article last week in Prevention magazine about a strain of Flu that animals get. They say they usually fight it ok but it is fatal in some situations, so sad.

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

WELCOME BACK FEARLESS LEADER!!!

Yes, we did miss you. Dragon enjoys matching wits with you, whether he admits it or not. Of course, some would say one, or both, of you are unarmed in that battle.....

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation