The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Good Night's Rest...


If you aren't already signed up for the Clarksville Humane Society's Action Line e-list, what are you waiting for?? It'll keep you updated on animal-related needs, events, fundraisers, etc. in our community. There is a separate "Volunteer Action Line" as well for those wishing to be notified each time we have a "need" whether it be transporting, temperament testing, helping at adoption events, temporary fostering, etc. And, this is where I introduce this awesome photo submitted to me by one of our husband/wife volunteer teams. We were contacted by a nearby Collie rescue who needed this litter of 7 pups picked up, overnighted, & brought to Precious Friends the next morning. How much work can SEVEN puppies be at an overnight slumber party? Let's just say the foster home is STILL recuperating! As you can see, the pups too were quite tuckered as well after several hours of eating, playing, & pooping... in fact, the one on the far right apparently crashed in mid-chew of the kennel wires! LOL We have a "guilt-free" volunteer program... if you want/can help, reply to the email. If not, just hit the delete button. It's a nearly flawless system that works for us & volunteers alike. Email humanesociety@clarksville.com to sign up!

posted by k9rescue at 2/23/2008 12:20:00 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

Now that is a bunch of furry Love!

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, K9, you know that I certainly agree with that.
My Foster dog presented me with a huge black bird, right to the foot of my bed! Looks like this dog is truely a hunter. I think I reacted appropriately...held back on the shock reaction with both hands tightly over my mouth...muffled scream...thanked the dog for the gift. She is currently out back digging for moles with my 13 pound, terrier, Franky. At first I thought she was going to bury her Fresbee. We are having fun over here. The mud doesn't discourage them at all.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger jdt said...

Hey Pet People, sorry I have been gone for awhile. I have been reading the blog. We had our baby boy, Cambridge Christopher, on January 20th. We are adjusting the parenthood at out house, which includes the little monsters. I have been very impressed with how well our little monsters have adjusted. Annabelle has probably had the toughest time adjusting since she had been the "baby" for so long. Zander is very protective of the baby and Jake and Abby are just going with the flow. We have noticed that the dogs have actually calmed down since we brought the baby home. I am going to try to get a picture soon of the baby and all the monsters together. I will send it to be posted once I get it. Hope everyone is doing well!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Ginger, oh my gosh, a bird at the foot of the bed! Yikes, I am glad my girls are indoor only cats because I am sure they would adorn our house with such goodies! Do wish they would go out and get some moles though!

Congratulations on your new baby boy Jennifer! I was wondering if your bundle of joy had arrived yet and how the "Monster's" were reacting. I am happy to hear all is well with the adjustments in the house. I enjoy those adorable Pom pictures so please do send us a new one soon with Cambridge!

Sunday, February 24, 2008 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

jdt, congratulations on the new baby bot and by the way, love his name! Can't wait to see photos of him and the cutie pie pom poms.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation