The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sheba's Busted! by Skeeter




I dont really have much to say but I am sure y'all are tired of seeing the two lizards doing the wild thing!

Here is a picture of Sheba I snapped while she was trying to munch down on a house plant. I caught her in the act and she could have cared less if I were there or not. I did not let her eat the plant because I am not sure if a hibiscus plant is poisonous to a cat or not. I have had the plant closed up in the guest room out of paws reach all winter long. I am tired of keeping the room closed off and it is driving the girls nuts! This spring, the plant goes into the ground and it either lives or dies!

Do any of you have problems with pets and houseplants or do you go the fake plant route or just say the heck with it and leave plants outside where they belong???

posted by Skeeter at 2/16/2008 07:07:00 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Whisper said...

I have one hanging plant up out of reach of eager paws and teeth. Otherwise I have fakes. I LOVE houseplants but my biggest problem was the sweet kitties pooping in the soil. I guess potting soil is closer to nature than kitty litter.

So, as much as I love houseplants, I love my fur babies more.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

that is a mighty great and healthy looking plant!

my pets don't mess too much with plants-except the pups. bj and cece occasionally rip trees out (small ones), but fences help with that.

my friend in nashville has a lab that is one year old and he has totally decimated her garden to the point she will not let him go in the yard without her. and she is a gardener like me. she must really love him!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Alice, When we had Skeeter, the plants in the house were really not an issue. Then these two showed up and boy, perfect, they are not! Cheetah would roll in the dirt of the plants and dig in them but luckily, she would not use them as her own personal liter box! I have a few plants up high as you and also the fake plants here and there but all they seem to do is collect dust therefore making us sneeze so now I am in the process of trashing the fake ones as they start to grow fur!

Tina, You are lucky that your zoo of fur babies dont mess with your garden more. Orkin would be the one I would keep my eye on. Nothing more infuriating then digging in the dirt to find cat Baby Ruth bars! Our neighbors’ cat surprises me with candy bars at times. I have learned to never dig without gloves! LOL...

Sunday, February 17, 2008 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I have plants only where the dogs are, not in the cat house. Tarzan likes to chew and I'm sure he'd be eating plants if I had them available.

Skeeter, you can easily do a search as to which plants are poisonous for pets, though I think it's mostly younger ones you have to watch out for. But to be on the safe side, you can always stick to plants that will do no harm if the get to them.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Easier to just keep them out of paws reach with closed doors or get fake ones!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Well ya'all know how my Brittany eats plastic but Penelope like baby's breath and rose petals and stems so have to keep all real flowers out of the house except for my special days. Then they get put up where they can't clim or jump to get to them. Must be nice to have real plants byt then I do remember how I tend to kill everything. I walk by plants and they go"Oh nooooo, here she comes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation