The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A boy, a dog, a cat and a nap


Pet People reader Gail e-mailed me this photo she thought we'd enjoy.

She said: "That is my fat dog Butter (she is supposed to be a miniature doxi and she is always on a diet, my grandson Jevin and my fat cat Storm (we got him on a terrible, rainy, stormy day and that is how he got his name). My animals are all part of the family... this is only half of them. ;)We also have a chocolate cocker named Knuckles and a calico named Sweetpea."

How sweet all three of them sleep so innocently. Love to see them when the are all awake! And I must say that I love the pet names! they are so creative. I especially like Butter and would have never thought of that for a name. I wonder if Knuckles is for "knuckle head?"

And Gail, yes, doxie's can easily have weight issues. My friend Carmen has one that is the sweetest dog on earth, Josie (sorry Lacey, I love you too!), who was always a little pudgy. Last time I saw her, her diet had been working and she was much thinner. I must admit I miss her pudginess!

So, Gail has two dogs and two cats. It seems we die-hard Pet People always have more than two, doesn't it? Gail, I hope you post sometime and tell us more about your brood.

Seeing Jevin with the dog and cat reminded me of my childhood and pets. I remember my first pet, a dog, Pixie, and my second pet, who I remember much better, a dog named Misty. So how about we talk about any childhood pets and the ways they touched us and what they meant to us then....and now.

posted by Sandy at 3/19/2008 11:43:00 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

That is such a wonderful picture!
I am guessing all three had been playing to the point they finally pooped out and had to take a nap!
What a great example of friendships amongst child and animal....

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Whisper said...

There is nothing like napping with your best friends near you. It's like that in the mid-afternoon here... dogs and cats sprawled on the floor and on the bed around me... ahhhhh.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Now that's what I call kicked back andrelaxing. How sweet, the three buddies together.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I see room for a few more. ;0)
That is so sweet. I like the way they are touching.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation