The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The C.J. has Landed!


Here is a photo of CJ (left) and Bruiser looking a bit uncertain in their transport crate. But uncertain they are no more! They both made the long trip to Vermont and CJ is all settled into her new home, while Bruiser is in a foster home until his adoption can be completed.

Here is what Deb said about CJ's arrival. Angela is the woman in the family who adopted her. She was told CJ would be arriving around March 8, but her husband knew CJ was coming a week early and he wanted to surprise her:

Angela's daughter had a baby, so she was home and her daughter calls and asks if she could come over with the new baby. She arrives holding the baby and then Angela's husband asks, 'Do you want to see the REAL BABY?'Angela was confused until he came into the room holding sweet little CJ!

I got an e-mail from Angela since them. She says (to Tina): "Thank you so much for your wonderful care and getting CJ and the others through their illness. She is a wonderful addition to our home. She has two new dog brothers and three cat siblings. I fell in love with her the minute I saw her little face.She is happy here and she sends kisses your way!"

Angela asked me for the blog postings about all the pups, so I will get the links to all the topics and send them to her. She is also going to send me some photos of CJ in her new home, which I will post. I plan to write my column next week about everything, so stay tuned.

There are a lot of sorrowful cases we hear about and help with when it comes to animals. And while not all of the pups made it, three did and are just beginning their new lives.

Tina: How is Baby? Does she miss her brother and sister? Has she been spayed and scheduled for transport?

Again, a big thanks to everyone who helped or sent money for the vet bill. I don't know about you, but the cost we bear is always worth it when there are happy endings. Not all dogs and cats have that, but we must always do what we can to give as many as we can a chance!

On a side note: I am waiting for a photo one of these days from Jennifer, whom we haven't seen lately! She had her baby and now cares for those four adorable poms as well as a new son! Must be boring at her house!

posted by Sandy at 3/04/2008 03:13:00 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger B said...

This is what I needed today. They look so scared in that picture-don't they? But I'm sure they are both happy as clams now.We got a lovely card from the Golden Huggs yesterday in the mail. It was very sweet. Even though I never even got see or hold any of them, I'm so proud we were able to help and see this thru to a happy ending. Jeremy says it is the best way for a "Shirley Feeney" like me--no see-just do!LOL
You guys keep my Dad in your prayers--he's going in for tests. He's been in a lot of pain recently , and for him to give into going to the doctor frightens me very much.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I just left my comments about the pups on the other blogg entry so will repost here. What I said was how great it is to hear about CJ's new parents loving her so much and I hope the same thing happens for Bruiser. And I pray it also happens for BAby. My only disapointment is taht the three of them were not able to go to the same home. It always bothers me when sibblings or a couple or more animals raised together or who have been together for awhile have to be seperated.
B, bless your sweet heart for sponsoring that precious doggy, you are one in a million sweetie! Also thanks to you and Jeremy agina for all you do to help Suzanne and Getta, love you guys for that!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

baby is fine. tonight she is at the vet's getting spayed. she is scheduled to depart next tuesday to glenda's care.

the slideshow of the pet transport arriving in new england actually brought tears to my eyes. such a heartwarming thing!

bruiser is with deb's friend and i am sure he is happy. angela seems like a great mom and that is a good surprise for her! i hear cj is stealing her golden's ball just like she did to my bj.

we all miss them but i can assure baby is fine without them, they will all adjust nicely. i adopted my two big dogs from animal control and they have adapted nicely. i think that may dogs may remember their siblings, they quickly attach to a new pack and live full lives. puppies are much different by themselves and the biggest change i have seen in baby is she no longer has someone to drum up some mischief with! my three big dogs aren't having it.

hopefully bruiser and baby will get new homes soon. they are sweet. like sandy said, THANKS to all who helped with the bills. it was ever so appreciated by the gals at golden huggs. i wish all could've survived, but it was not to be. we had three make it and that is good. it has been a long six weeks but i can hardly believe it is almost over. time marches on....

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I Just Love Happy Endings!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

"I love it when a plan comes together!" Hannibal Smith of the A-Team

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

"welllllllllll doggies!"

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation