The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy News...and Questions for You


Today, my column in the Community section is entitled "Don't create a shelter pet, adopt one." Click on the "columnist" link on our Web site's main page to read it. It's all about Hot Tub Matt and Charlie. As you know, Charlie, Through Golden Huggs, is now living the Life of Riley in Massachusetts. Here is an update from her new mommy, Scilla:

"Sorry its been so long. I've been having an AMAZING time with Chica. She is such a joy. I'm afraid that I'm not a good new mom in terms of remembering to send pictures. I'm getting better about taking pictures but I keep forgetting to send them! I will send them along soon I promise.

"Sandy, thank you so much for this article. Deb, thank you so much for choosing me for Chica. I really feel like the luckiest girl in the world! My boyfriend is also in love. She is truly a special dog. She turns heads everywhere we go. After losing my precious Athena, she makes me happier than I ever thought I could be. Although she has a naughty streak, she is a real joy. I can objectively say she has a pretty great life. She has only been alone a total of 1 hour a week- maximum- since I got her. We have a long list of experienced dog owners/lovers lined up to dogsit for her but no one has been that lucky yet.

"When my boyfriend or I aren't home with her, her day is still fun-filled. First, we go for 20 minute morning walk and then come home for her gourmet breakfast. Then, on my way to work I drop her off at the exclusive doggie daycare. In two short months, she has become quite a star there. She has a seemingly endless pool of energy. In the afternoon, we go for an hour walk in the woods. In between her sniffing, we have been working on training there(We have been having private sessions with a great local trainer).

"At home she then has some more gourmet food and plays around with her toys. She usually takes a nap and then goes for her night walk. Each night after my boyfriend's done with work they go on "doggie patrol"- they walk around the neighborhood for about 45 minutes checking everything out. I'm not sure who enjoys it more! Not a bad day, huh? I will send pictures soon. Sandy, thanks again for the kind words and Deb, keep up all the good work!"

HMMMMMM. I wonder if Scilla would like a companion for Chica named SCOOTER. Ha! All joking aside, Scooter has been a pretty good boy lately. I am dying to know what Chica's "naughty streak" is. We ALL have a naughty streak, don't we?

OFF TOPIC QUESTION: Does anyone watch Lost? If you don't, I'm sure still know the basic premise. If you crashed on an island and had to survive, what 6 people would you want stranded with you and why? You can't pick anyone you know. It has to be famous people who are still alive. I'll be back later to answer, but for now, it's back to work!

posted by Sandy at 3/12/2008 03:57:00 PM

17 Comments:

Blogger Skeeter said...

I am game, I will get this started….LOL…

Oh gee, why stop at 6? With a bit of thought, I might have an even dozen with me!

First would be Trace Adkins to sing me songs for entertainment!
Second would be Brad Pitt to serve me my coconut drinks...
Third would be Tim McGraw to cook for me....
Fourth would be Kirk Russell to massage out the kinks..
Fifth would be Patrick Swayze to dance with me as Trace sings...
Sixth would be the Professor from Gilligans Island to make sure we never leave the island!

Okay, back to reality now…

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger O'Malley said...

hmmm..

First would definitely be Tony Stewart- he's hot and he has a temper so there would be drama

2nd-Bill Gates- I will get bored with island living eventually and I'm sure a search party would be sent for Gates....

3rd-Roy of Siegfried and Roy just in case there are scary man eating things there-Roy can do his head in their jaws trick...(oops..that didn't work out too well for him the last time did it now?)

4th-Jimmy Buffett-I bet he makes a mean margarita!

5th-Harry Connick Jr..to look hot and sing for me

6th-Bob Harper the trainer from The Biggest loser because...he's hot(do you see a trend here?) and he can cook us healthy meals and we'll get to watch him work out and sweat.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

1. Patrick Dempsey- SEXY and a Doctor.

2. Pierce Brosnan- SEXY, 007 and he drives an Aston Martin.

3.Steven Siegal- SEXY and he can kick serious butt. (oh and he cooks)

4. Matthew McConaughey- SEXY and he palys the conga drums.

5. Sean Connery- Just so he can whisper sweat nothings in my ear.(it's that accent!!)

6. Julian Moore- Every girl needs a little competition and a companion.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

You all have ONE TRACK MINDS! LOL.

1. The actor who plays Sawyer on LOST. Sexy and hot!

2. The guy who plays Cash on Men in Trees. Sexy and Hot

3. Judge Judy. I like smart sarcastic people and she'd keep everyone in line! She'd be fun to talk to as well.

4. Chris Matthews. I am a political junkie who watches all the talking head shows (This election year is SO exiciting, like a year-lond SUPER Bowl!). He's my favorite, so I'd have someone to talk turkey with.

5. I can't think of his name, but he's a real life adventurer. Need someone who knows how to survive and live off the land and do all kinds of cool things.

6. John Stewart. Need someone to keep you laughing, and he's not bad looking either.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

Gilligan, the Skipper too, the millionare and his wife, the movie star, the professor and Mary Ann---and my babies--all five of them.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Hey B, did you hear that Mary Ann got busted for Pot? Yep, our little innocent Mary Ann, Who woulda thunk!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Whisper said...

All I want is an internet connection. Don't need no human beans.... well, maybe my best friend, the Professor and of course, all the doggies and kitties.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger B said...

Even saw her mug shot--bless her little heart--shes just a smilin"

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

ITS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU ALICE!!!! Missed you !

Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger O'Malley said...

Sandy,
I love all the political talkies too. Election year is so so exciting! I am a huge Chris Matthews fan and also like Bill O'Reilly. Chris is much more personable tho.

Adrienne,
I thought about the competition thing too but I want the competition to be someone I can beat. Hahaha...I would be jealous of my man babes if they were spending too much time with the other woman. Maybe I would get rid of Bill Gates and substitute the grandma from "Talk Sex"....that might make my island a very interesting place indeed.....

Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger dragon said...

Hmmm…..let’s see. Stranded on a desert island with me.

1) Pat Benatar—with a mouth like that, she can make me sing anytime.

2) Pamela Anderson—so I will have a comfortable place to lay my head.

3) Marisa Miller (cover of this year’s Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition)—she looks fantastic without a bathing suit on.

4) Ingrid Hoffmann (Food Network chef)—must have at least one woman that can cook me gourmet meals out of nothing.

5) Danica Patrick—she’s good with a stick shift.

6) Robin Meade (CNN news anchor)—gives new meaning to the phrase “talking head”.

The reason it has taken me so long to post here, is that it took me quite a long time to narrow down my list of women from 69 to just 6. That was such a random number Sandy gave us to work with. Why just 6? Why not an even dozen? Oh, wait, I do have an even dozen, don’t I? All I want to know is, when does the boat leave? I’m ready now.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh how I am trying to narrow down my list too but it ain't easy! Here's the best I can do.

I would like Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. for I have the need for speed!

George Clooney, not only handsome but would keep me laughing with his cool sense of humor.

David Lee Roth, Steven Tyler, and Ozzie Osburn to rock out with.

Steve Perry to get a little more mellow with.

Ed Harris and Harrison Ford just beacause they are sexy!

oh yea, sexy two, Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence to colaborate cooking notes with, ummmm what a nice sandwich.

I will also take Sawyer AND Jack from "Lost".

Told you my men list was too hard to narrow down and I have more but can't take up any more space.

For the woman friend, I just couldn't leave Debbie home. She is my rock and with her wit and humore, no matter how bad you feel she can crack you up and make you laugh!

Friday, March 14, 2008 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I forgot to add my little bit of country, Josh Turner!

Friday, March 14, 2008 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Pam, I don't care for Jack on Lost. I guess I've always been attracted to the bad-boy type. I also like a guy in jeans and work boots rather than the suit types.

But I've noticed how IMPRACTICAL we all are! If one was stranded you'd want a doctor for obvious reasons, someone like McGuiver who could hunt, fish, build and invent. A good gardener/farmer who could keep you fed, a big strong guy who could do the heavy lifting and so on.

Or would you all just rather have a shorter life with the hot stuff? I know what Dragon's answer is going to be.

I'd like all the practical people to be HOT and that would kill two birds with one stone!

Friday, March 14, 2008 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Well Sandy, Jack's a doctor, no wait he just plays one on TV doesn't he? Ha, Oh well. Well my deserted island would have all the things I need plus extra so wouldn't need to worry about that. There would be a well staphed clinic with hottie docs and we'd have the cutest maintenance mens too non of those guys count on our picks of the other hotties we'd take with us so there it's perfect.

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

If I was truly stranded on an island...I'd want nothing more than a good dog to keep me company. Most men just complicate things and annoy us in the end.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

We would not want to complicate things so I will just take Trace with me....

Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation