The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Monday, March 24, 2008

Learn Pet Massage & Help Humane Society



I'm a big believer in the power of massage. My mom turned me on to its wonders several years ago when I was having some pain in my hips, and I swear, afterward I felt like I was on stage with a TV evangelist who pronounced me cured of all my ills!

Seriously, I was amazed at how it literally "cured" my pain in that case. Since then, I've gone regularly and it truly does a body good, as it does for many people with various ailments.

D.C. Royalty is the massage therapist I go to, and she's also become a good friend, as she is a big animal lover. She's even certified in pet massage and has helped many pets and also horses with various problems. She's also been involved in supporting the Humane Society over the years. And she's doing it again with a Canine Massage Workshop.

Bring your dog and you'll learn a variety of techniques you can use yourself to help your pet, especially if he has sore joints or ligaments or other problems, as many dogs do, especially our senior friends. Here are the details from a Humane Society Actionline:

The Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery Co. announces a CANINE MASSAGE WORKSHOP hosted by DC. Royalty, LMT and Total Canine Care,Saturday, April 12,from noon until 2 p.m. at Total Canine Care,10 Main Street, Suite B. (to the right as soon as you turn off Riverside Drive on to Main Street). The cost is $30, with all proceeds going to the Humane Society. You'll get two hours of pet massage instruction by DC. Space is limited, so you must pre-register and prepay.

To register, call Shelby Salestrom at Total Canine Care: 931-221-0480.

Some conditions that may improve with the regular massage include: Arthritis, hip dysplasia, stress and tension, muscle soreness, flexibility, performance enhancement, self confidence, overall health and well being and bonding between you and your canine family member.

IMPORTANT: Only one dog per person. No spectators. Dogs must be confined in a carrier or on a leash (no flexi-leads, please). If your dog is uneasy around other dogs, people or groups, please consider using a soft muzzle for everyone’s safety. If you can't bring a dog or have cats as pets, you can still come and learn, as DC will provide a stuffed animal you can practice on, and she'll include tips for your feline friends.

I am going to sign up and bring one of my mutts. It's for a good cause and also good for your pet. You'll learn techniques you can use forever.

So call and make your reservation, and I'll see you there! Maybe we can all go for a walk with our dogs at the RiverWalk after?

Picture above is Catfish trying to give big-head Tarzan a face massage.

Check back tomorrow, as I'll be posting about The Leaf-Chronicle's new Web site going live the first of April. I just signed up with my new "persona" and screen name. It's so easy and you can add a picture of yourself and a short bio. And with your new sign in name you'll be able to post on any area of the site. I PROMISE, it is so easy and not the big hassle it was with signing up for a Google account in order to post comments on the blog. Now I'll be able to easily post links for other site like the Humane Society and other shelters and if you want, you too can start a blog, OR just continue to post on Pet People. Once I post the info, you can go and set up now, as we're in the "beta" test stage for going live. This way, we'll all be ready for the switch over!

posted by Sandy at 3/24/2008 04:21:00 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger tina said...

should be interesting...

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

I will be in la la land tomorrow! I hope the Saint copy's the instructions for me... Poor thing, he has soooo much to remember to do in the next few days for me.... He has a sleep study coming up in April so he will be ready for the relaxation by then for sure! LOL

Monday, March 24, 2008 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger tina said...

sandy, you've been tagged. you need to look at my blog for the rules. hope you don't mind!

Monday, March 24, 2008 8:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation