The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snow in Clarksville--The Sequel, By Dragon


Well, well, well. What a nasty wintry morning to wake up to today. I was eagerly anticipating the pancake breakfast, to be served to me by my mere wifey pooh. But, there were several problems with this. Mainly, the 8 inches of snow on the ground. It sure doesn't seem like it is less than two weeks away from the vernal equinox, now does it?


This was one of life's rare opportunities. Wifey pooh was acting like a little child, out romping with Lucy and playing in the snow. That alone made it worth while. She was so disappointed that the snow was too dry to stick together enough to make a snow man. She couldn't even make a snow ball that would stay together long enough to throw it at me. That was lucky for her.

The snow was very deep here at our castle. It was eight inches in most of the back yard, and Lucy was running and sticking her nose in the snow and just loving it. When King Feline Evil Demon Devil Cat first ventured from his Cat Castle, it was amusing to watch. His legs completely went down into the snow it was so deep. But, he did not seem to mind. Prince Not So Annoying was quite disgusted with the entire thing, watching most of our antics from the doorway again.

In order to make it easier for the precious felines to get out of their home and to wander up to the back door, I shoveled their porch and shoveled them a walkway from their front door all the way to our back door. Both kitties and Lucy made much use of the walkway for the rest of the day.

I also had to shovel our very steep driveway. Wifey pooh kept telling me not to over do it, but she never managed to take the shovel away from me and do any work herself. I guess she wasn't all that concerned after all. I must confess, shoveling is not very high on my list of favorite things to do. I can totally understand how people have heart attacks shoveling their driveways and sidewalks.

Enjoy the video of King Feline prancing in the snow. You can see his brother at the end, showing exactly what he thinks of the entire situation.

posted by dragon at 3/08/2008 04:51:00 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

LOL. I love the video. Punkin's head is once again, peeking out the door and ONLY his head, just like in the picture a few topics down!

I took a few snow pictures, but only Tarzan ventured out. Catfish stayed in all day. Catfish does not like the snow. The last time we had a little, he'd walk in it and after every step he'd shake his front paw: step, shake left paw; step, shake right pay, over and over. I wish I had a video of that!

The dogs love it, especially Scooter. They insist on rolling in it and eating it and have an all around great time.

Nice picture of Lucy too!

I was sorry to mix the breakfast but I really liked all the snow! One, I was off Friday and didn't have to drive home in it! It looked so beautiful and was actually a REAL snow.

It's still funny how southerners react to one flake of snow, as if a blizzard has hit the area. LOL. I can see people in the deep south reacting that way, as it's rare there, but here in north Tennessee it isn't, so I don't understand the reaction to it!

Saturday, March 08, 2008 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Ya'll's Snow was rain here. I can't say that I miss the snow. I went out today and wore flip flops.

Good news for the Foreman, He gets to go back to work on Monday. I can't wait. He has been driving me nuts being home for the last two weeks. But at least he's allowed to put weight on his foot now.

Sandy, You want to see people freak out about snow, You shold see how they react here. They close the schools for an inch of snoww here. Crazy! If they did that in PA or CO, the kids would never go to school.

Saturday, March 08, 2008 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

Not only do we Southerners freak out at a snow flake... we buy all the Bread, Milk and Chili fixins off the grocery store shelves! LOL...

Love the video of King Feline Evil Demon Devil Cat "prancing" in the snow. Too cute! I am with the smart one Prince Not So Annoying staying warm in the castle! Smart Cat that Punkin....

Nothing but hurricane type winds here in east GA and another tree down in the front yard! Arggg. They had snow flurries at the Atlanta Motor Speedway, am sure that will consume the front page of the newspapers here tomorrow! LOL…

Thanks for sharing your snowy fun Dragon boy...

Saturday, March 08, 2008 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Great video of King Feline enjoying his trek in the snow. Hey Bro, what is it that you want to talk to me about? I'm still waiting to hear and am curious.
Well I'm Southern and where we grew up in North KY we used to get two feet deep snows all the time. As the years went by the snow belt kind of shifted and we only got a lot of snow once in a while, it was strange.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation