The Leaf Chronicle - www.theleafchronicle.com - Clarksville, TN
  Welcome to The Leaf Chronicle Clarksville, TN Customer Service:   Subscribe Now | Place an Ad | Contact Us
  theleafchronicle.com   Weather   Jobs   Cars   Homes   Apartments   Shopping   Classifieds   Dating
7 days Archive    

Pet People

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

This is not a Mommy Blog...BUT...



Since there are dogs in these pictures, I decided I would post them despite the fact that there is a baby in the photo as well. :) :)

Jennifer has been missing in action for many months, but, I guess she had a good excuse: She had a human creature baby! And, she can still take some of the best photos of her babies that I've ever seen! Just look at baby boy's little face in his new dog pack of four! He looks like he likes it, but has sort of a quizzical look about him, as if to say, "I am comfortable, but somehow I don't quite fit in..what is it?"

Jennifer says: "Sorry I haven't been on the blog lately. This parenting thing is exhausting! We were able to get some pictures today of the baby and the monsters.

"Things are going well. Cambridge was born on January 20, 2008 after about 20 hours of labor. I was supposed to be induced on the 22nd, but he had a mind of his own. I woke up the morning of the 19th, stood up, and my water broke in our bedroom floor. My husband was at work, so I called his boss to go get him off the floor to come home. My hubby thought his boss was joking at first, since we were supposed to induced, his boss had to show my hubby his cell phone with our phone number on it.

"My hubby headed home and we went on to the hospital. After 20 hours of labor, I still was not fully dilated so they performed a C-section and Cambridge was born at 1:44am on the 20th, he weighed 8 lbs, 10 oz and was 21 inches long. I have enjoyed being home with him over the past few weeks. He is an amazing baby! He looks quite a bit like his daddy. He already holds his head up and can almost roll over. I am going to be returning to the office on a part time basis in mid-March and then full time near the end of April.

"The dogsreally seem to love the baby. They are much calmer now and protective of the baby. Zander would sleep in the baby's room if I would let him. He always goes in there and lays right in front of the crib. It is really sweet. Annabelle is motherly and constantly wants to clean the baby's eyes and ears, so we have to keep an eye on her. Overall though they have adjusted wonderfully."

"I miss chatting with you all on the blog and when I get some more time I will return! Enjoy the pictures!"

Question of the Day: Why are dog and cat babies better than human babies? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 20-hour LABOR before being able to bring them home! LOL.

posted by Sandy at 3/05/2008 03:27:00 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Whisper said...

Remember that scene in Alien where the baby creature eats his way out of John Hurt's chest? That's what I figure childbirth is like. There is an baby alien that wants out anyway he/she/it can... YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

Beautiful babies---and the human is cute too-LOL. Congrats on the new member to your family Jennifer. Gee, it feels so strange to be looking at baby pics on the pet blog--but I have to remind myself--he's a pet person in training!!!!!!! If we teach our children well (Crosby, Stills and Nash forgive me!)we can change so much of the terrible things that are happening to the animals in our world. Learning is the key! And you all know that, even though some of us have never been thru 20 hours of labor in child birth-most have been thru terrible hours of suffering with our animals when they were sick, injured, or preparing to cross the rainbow bridge. Those nights of walking the floor with a fur baby in your arms, singin to them, cleanig up their mishaps--the chain of life and the experiences we live are all connected in a wierd sort of Salvado Dali way.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

We now return you to "The Waltons"

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:30:00 PM  
Blogger Skeeter said...

My Lord poor Cambridge does not have a chance! Before you know it, he will be crawling around barking like a dog!

This picture does not look real! The "Monsters" look stuffed and the kid looks like a plastic doll! If I did not already know the Poms from previous postings, I would swear this is all fake!

Jennifer, you have a beautiful bunch!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Jennifer, what a handsome little guy! He is beautiful and that is one of the most heartwarming photos ever with Cambridge and the poms! Cambridge is kind of looking like--why don't I look like my sibblings? The dogs look like they are saying this is our new BRO and don't anyone dare hurt him or we will eat you up! I love this! Jennifer you did good girl, so congratulations on that beautiful boy! Sorry it took so long but as we Moms say, it was worth every second of pain, what a gift from God, you are blessed!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Jennifer, what a handsome little guy! He is beautiful and that is one of the most heartwarming photos ever with Cambridge and the poms! Cambridge is kind of looking like--why don't I look like my sibblings? The dogs look like they are saying this is our new BRO and don't anyone dare hurt him or we will eat you up! I love this! Jennifer you did good girl, so congratulations on that beautiful boy! Sorry it took so long but as we Moms say, it was worth every second of pain, what a gift from God, you are blessed!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Pet People

Sandy Britt, an animal welfare advocate and volunteer with Clarksville rescue organizations, takes care of three dogs: Zoe, Scooter and Peanut; two cats: Catfish and Tarzan; and one husband, Glen, and according to him she takes care of them in that order.
ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

   Gannett.com   USATODAY.com Contact Us | Subscribe | Place an ad
Copyright ©2006 The Leaf Chronicle.
All rights reserved.
Users of this site agree to the
Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
(Terms updated 7/20/05)
USAWEEKEND.COM   Gannett Foundation